Your starting XI - August 5th

Delphinho123

read that Chelsea won 27 out of 32 (Prem league) games when they switched to this formation , so I reckon we are going to see lots of copycat stuff this year , hence I'm going with

5981db6cd5a83.jpg

the theory is it allowed Alonso and Moses to become effective outlets going forward , whils the 2 holding Midfielders allowed Hazard to roam  ..yeah I know we don't have an Alonso or a Hazard , but that was the theory at least ..... only slight concern is that this system at Chelsea probably signalled the end of Terry's career there as he wasn't deemed suitable (fast ?) enough to play it

but what the heck , it's the championship those players in that formation should have it wrapped up by November

• Like 1

Think the team picks itself at the minute. I'd be going 4-1-4-1

Bench- Steer; Samba, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Bree, Bjarnason, Amavi

Would like Gabby and Hogan up top together but that leaves no strikers on the bench to switch things up. We've got a bench that can cover every position there.

Whelan allows Hourihane and Lansbury to show off more of their attacking game. Don't want 3 defenders and don't want Elmo in defence. 

59821fcbefac8.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't realise Hull have Slutsky as their manager (ex CSKA and Russia national team). Much better pedigree than Bruce. Without Kodija and Grealish our main goal threats we won't be scoring. A draw or defeat is on their cards here. Expect Hutton down the wing crossing aimlessly and that gorm Hogan not to touch the ball all match. Usual shyte.

The only thing I'm looking forward to this season is the string of defeats which will see Bruce's departure.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

So I'd like to see:

Steer (but could easily be Johnstone as not much between them)

Bree          Terry   Chester     Taylor

Whelan   Lansbury

Elmohadamy Hourihane Green

Hogan 

But I expect to see Hutton over Bree, Bacuna in for Hourihane (Lansbury further up) and Gabby for Hogan 

• Like 2

I reckon it will be something like this. Maybe swop out Gabby for Hourihane and put 5 in midfield. 

I think we will give Hull a good game. They have too many new signings & a manager so I just can't see them as settled as we are. 

image.png.69acc624d3d3d7a590cd84bbadde4c45.png

------------------------------johnstone-----------------------

taylor------terry (c)------------------baker---------hutton

--------------------------whelan----------------------------

------green--------lansbury------------------------elmo----------------

---------------------------onomah--------------------------

--------------------------hogan-------------------------------

24 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Can see Bruce doing his classic move of completely abandoning his pre-season players and starting Onomah, demoralising everyone and playing somebody who isn't ready.

Hope I'm wrong.

That post smacks of "let's just find a stick to beat Bruce with no matter what he does ". I'm sorry but look we've brought in a young talented player from a premier league club that people are excited about so I think the coaching staff and hierarchy should be commended.  As regards him not being ready, surely you can't mean fitness as he has played in an u20 world cup and took part in spurs pre season. Not been ready for the rigours of championship football ?. Was Tammy Abraham?   Btw I've been one of Bruce's biggest critics on here.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Can see Bruce doing his classic move of completely abandoning his pre-season players and starting Onomah, demoralising everyone and playing somebody who isn't ready.

Hope I'm wrong.

Name a previous time Bruce has 'classically' completely abandoned his pre-season players?

Since when did it make sense to play a youngster without a first team start a day after assigning?

Johnstone

Hutton, Chester, Terry and Taylor

Wheelan, Lansbury

Elmo, Lansbury, Houlehan, Green

Hogan

I suspect Bacuna will come in for Houlehan (a big season for him - I like him a lot but has to deliver from the off)