John Terry

Farlz

I don't see JT coming back playing....that boat has sailed and I think he knows that too.

He wants to concentrate on his next career phase.

If he did play, I think also SB would be miffed, not that that matters to us....but friends it might.

I also think coaches get no where near the salaries players get....so he wouldn't do that for a coaches salary.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 17:21, Alakagom said:

Terry made a public announcement he has retired from all football few days before announced as our assistant. 

players have come out of retirement before and i'd love him to do it, but don't see it happening here

Terry

Former England and Chelsea captain John Terry says he is several years away from becoming a manager.

And he also insists he is intimidated at the prospect of working as Dean Smith's assistant at Aston Villa rather than Smith being intimidated by him.

"I have aspirations to be a manager one day," said Terry, 37. "But that is in four or five years - I'm nowhere near the finished article.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Terry

Former England and Chelsea captain John Terry says he is several years away from becoming a manager.

And he also insists he is intimidated at the prospect of working as Dean Smith's assistant at Aston Villa rather than Smith being intimidated by him.

"I have aspirations to be a manager one day," said Terry, 37. "But that is in four or five years - I'm nowhere near the finished article.

It's an interesting article that one.  It is clear that this is the first time that he has seen or been a part of the hours before and after the actual training session and the levels of preparation involved (calling it a real eye opener).  JT is not the sort of chap that you associate with being intimidated and that he has admitted as much is quite heartening for a couple of reasons.  One is that if the amount of planning an preparation that Smith is putting in is enough to intimidate JT, then I'm glad to hear it, we are in need of a plan.  Another is that it makes Terry that little bit more human again, he even seems a little nervous about how much he has to learn and it has made him slightly more endearing.  Not that I need to like him for him to be good at his job, but on average I'd prefer it if the people associated with the club come across well.  The last point for me is that this is the first time I have lost that slight disappointment of what might have been if Henry had become the Villa boss.  Watching JT's (understandable) first day nerves contrasts very well with the very pragmatic and experienced way that Dean Smith and Richard O'Kelly came in and ran the session and the media circus around their first day.  They were clearly ready to go on day one with what they wanted to do and appear unfazed by the size of the job.  I know Henry has been an assistant coach for a while now, but I can't help but feel that his first  day as the man in the hot seat will have more of the nervous anticipation of JT than the calm head of Smith.

The idea of Henry as coach was really exciting to me (in as sort of "sod it I'm mortgaging the house and putting all the money on red" sort of way) and he has all the attributes to go on and be really great.  Today though I am content with the decision that we have made.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just seeing JT in that interview gives me a raging b***r.

You see these tracksuits, and if you're overweight and middle aged it just looks tragic, if you're a thin lad you just look ill and scrawny, but when you get a man like JT wear one, who fills it out in all the right ways, then it just looks magnificent. Magnificent.

Cannot wait to see him, chest puffed out, walking to the bench on Saturday.

Oh, and I also hope he does a decent job as assistant manager.

Image result for calm down boy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jim said:

Got some stick from the players for arriving with a pencil case yesterday :)

"I love you from the bottom, of my pencil case".....I wonder if he sings this to Dean if we go on a winning run??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Straggler said:

It's an interesting article that one.  It is clear that this is the first time that he has seen or been a part of the hours before and after the actual training session and the levels of preparation involved (calling it a real eye opener).  JT is not the sort of chap that you associate with being intimidated and that he has admitted as much is quite heartening for a couple of reasons.  One is that if the amount of planning an preparation that Smith is putting in is enough to intimidate JT, then I'm glad to hear it, we are in need of a plan.  Another is that it makes Terry that little bit more human again, he even seems a little nervous about how much he has to learn and it has made him slightly more endearing.  Not that I need to like him for him to be good at his job, but on average I'd prefer it if the people associated with the club come across well.  The last point for me is that this is the first time I have lost that slight disappointment of what might have been if Henry had become the Villa boss.  Watching JT's (understandable) first day nerves contrasts very well with the very pragmatic and experienced way that Dean Smith and Richard O'Kelly came in and ran the session and the media circus around their first day.  They were clearly ready to go on day one with what they wanted to do and appear unfazed by the size of the job.  I know Henry has been an assistant coach for a while now, but I can't help but feel that his first  day as the man in the hot seat will have more of the nervous anticipation of JT than the calm head of Smith.

The idea of Henry as coach was really exciting to me (in as sort of "sod it I'm mortgaging the house and putting all the money on red" sort of way) and he has all the attributes to go on and be really great.  Today though I am content with the decision that we have made.

In hindsight me too.....I was all for Henry, perhaps the trudgery of watching dour football got the better of me.

I am happy an experienced head is in......coupled with the expectancy of convincing football.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You see these tracksuits, and if you're overweight and middle aged it just looks tragic, if you're a thin lad you just look ill and scrawny, but when you get a man like JT wear one, who fills it out in all the right ways, then it just looks magnificent. Magnificent.

Love is in the air?? lol..

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Knock  yourself out.

nintchdbpict000365355262.jpg

Edited by jim
  • Haha 1

Well i don't think John is interested, he seems to be doing a bit of picture liking on Holly Willoughby.

30 picture likes john, some mite consider that as having too many breaks when you should be training our players and not visiting the bathroom lol.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/john-terry-enjoying-retirement-likes-13430849

Edited by Dave-R

Â