John Terry

Farlz

I wonder if JT has to move to Brum for this. Not sure if coaches have to spend more time around the club than 1st team players do, I would imagine so.  

Can't see such a dedicated Laandan boy moving lock stock and barrel up here. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if JT has to move to Brum for this. Not sure if coaches have to spend more time around the club than 1st team players do, I would imagine so.  

We have landlords up here too.....its not exactly a backwater.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not sure he even needs to. London to Brum and back is a doddle. Especially in a Lamborghini and a driver if you fancy a kip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Dean Smith was doing it but the other way around. Not an issue 

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Long odds I'd think.

I'd expect Smith to give a go to a 19/20 year old rather than JT.

I agree and it's the right thing to do long term but if we continue to leak goals then pressure will mount. It maybe the first test of Smith's commitment to building a future rather than clutching at short term fixes. All exciting stuff , UTV

On 12/10/2018 at 10:46, villan-scott said:

I imagine that Bruce will be less than impressed his ‘mate’ has gone into Villa following his sacking. There will be a lack of golfing trips to Portugal and Christmas cards between the 2 this year I think! 

Can I just point out the Steve Bruce thread is now in Other Football. It’s a bit sad to keep referring to a former manager in threads about the club as it is now.

Edited by briny_ear

23 hours ago, romavillan said:

Long odds I'd think.

I'd expect Smith to give a go to a 19/20 year old rather than JT.

I hope this is the start of us actually using our academy/under-age team players

16 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Can I just point out the Steve Bruce thread is now in Other Football. It’s a bit sad to keep referring to a former manager in threads about the club as it is now.

Not sure why you have singled me out for comment on ‘He who shall not be named’. There is plenty of talk still knocking about as it’s only been just over a week since he left. There will be talk and comparisons for a bit yet. Apologies if you find it a bit sad. 

I drew him into this thread as he and Terry were ‘friends’ and the only reason Terry joined us apparently, so he is bound to be a bit narked Terry has been brought in as part of the team to replace him. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hope this is the start of us actually using our academy/under-age team players

Hope so, if you look at players we've let go that are performing at our level and above we could have saved millions with better coaching and some more patience.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Not sure why you have singled me out for comment on ‘He who shall not be named’. There is plenty of talk still knocking about as it’s only been just over a week since he left. There will be talk and comparisons for a bit yet. Apologies if you find it a bit sad. 

I drew him into this thread as he and Terry were ‘friends’ and the only reason Terry joined us apparently, so he is bound to be a bit narked Terry has been brought in as part of the team to replace him. 

John Terry has lots of friends and for sure he will be disappointed for Steve Bruce....but he is also a realist.

He has made many friends with people at Villa and in the end its his own career he is focusing on.

He thinks Aston Villa is a good place for him to learn and gain some credibility....that's what his main objective will be.

John Terry did not sack Steve Bruce so I would guess their golfing liasons in Portugal will be untouched.....Just that Steve is now able to spend more time telling stories to the golf club steward than John....how things change around.

Edited by TRO

Â