John Terry

Farlz

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well i don't think John is interested, he seems to be doing a bit of picture liking on Holly Willoughby.

30 picture likes john, some mite consider that as having too many breaks when you should be training our players and not visiting the bathroom lol.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/john-terry-enjoying-retirement-likes-13430849

What a stupid story from the mirror. Who gives aa flying **** who many photos he likes? 

Pathetic dont they have better things to write about than garbage like this?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What a stupid story from the mirror. Who gives aa flying **** who many photos he likes? 

I see what your saying, there could be plenty more stories they could write about John. It is also amusing that it now it is being made to look as though John has a Holly Willoughby problem, only the mirror could do such a thing lol

Cant say as I blame him if he does either, that energy from no football has to go somewhere ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is that they literally don’t.

And some people don’t have better things to read about either.

A lot of focus is on how we will play as an attacking force but our biggest problems are at the back. I’m hoping JT can work closely with our defenders to improve their positional play. We have to accept that Axel or Jed will partner Chester at the back so if he can help improve them as defenders until January it could help. 

We concede so many chances from crosses it’s ridiculous. 

As for our Goalkeeper problem. God knows how we will sort that out. 

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of focus is on how we will play as an attacking force but our biggest problems are at the back. I’m hoping JT can work closely with our defenders to improve their positional play. We have to accept that Axel or Jed will partner Chester at the back so if he can help improve them as defenders until January it could help. 

We concede so many chances from crosses it’s ridiculous. 

As for our Goalkeeper problem. God knows how we will sort that out. 

I think it will be more about how we move as a team as opposed to how individual players respond.

However, John Terry will no doubt spend time with Axel, which should be productive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it will be more about how we move as a team as opposed to how individual players respond.

However, John Terry will no doubt spend time with Axel, which should be productive.

True but my worry is how we deal with crosses and set pieces. I’m not sure if this was one of Brentford’s stronger points either. 

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes it will be more about how we defend as a team. We do seem to have a weakness in terms of conceding goals from crosses so we need to ensure those crosses don't come in.

On the face of it a centre back pairing of Axel and Chester and two from four at fullback from Hutton, Bree, Elmo, Taylor for this level isn't bad. I think our issues stem from the fact we allow opposing teams too far up the pitch, don't close them down well enough and this means our defence comes under more pressure than it should.

I expect we'll be much more on the front foot, will look to pin teams in their own half, and will close down better and not allow opposing teams time and space. Attack and a front foot approach will be our best form of defence and we certainly have the players in the middle and front thirds to control the ball and pen opposing sides in.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes it will be more about how we defend as a team. We do seem to have a weakness in terms of conceding goals from crosses so we need to ensure those crosses don't come in.

On the face of it a centre back pairing of Axel and Chester and two from four at fullback from Hutton, Bree, Elmo, Taylor for this level isn't bad. I think our issues stem from the fact we allow opposing teams too far up the pitch, don't close them down well enough and this means our defence comes under more pressure than it should.

I expect we'll be much more on the front foot, will look to pin teams in their own half, and will close down better and not allow opposing teams time and space. Attack and a front foot approach will be our best form of defence and we certainly have the players in the middle and front thirds to control the ball and pen opposing sides in.

So true! If we implement the bolded it will be a success with current players, I think. We will be open to the pontential counter,  and perhaps will be caught out a few time. However, I think the opposition are not clinical in this division. We need impose our game plan upon the opposition, far to often we have not done this and have therefore been reactionary. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

So true! If we implement the bolded it will be a success with current players, I think. We will be open to the pontential counter,  and perhaps will be caught out a few time. However, I think the opposition are not clinical in this division. We need impose our game plan upon the opposition, far to often we have not done this and have therefore been reactionary. 

To play that way properly we'd need dominant CBs, otherwise any team with a big man up front and quick wingers will kill us on the counter attack

• Like 1

John Terry has come in to learn how to be a coach.

John has well documented qualities as a player and a leader, so it should bode well for both of us.

The media and pundits, need to just allow him to get on with it and stop nit picking and finding fault.

Â