John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yep, we should have bought in one of those upcoming bright prospects from the continent who get younger each week instead. 

You mean Africans?

I think Obifemi Martins is still 28. 

• Like 2

Time slows down as you approach a massive object, such as a black hole, it's called gravitational time dilation. We just need to keep JT near a black hole when he isn't playing or training and then time will pass more slowly for him and he will age less quickly than us on earth... I might tweet Tony.

On 7/8/2017 at 10:38, nazvfc said:

Has terry a history of racism? No. Is he  a racist? No more than anyone else. He's not s member of EDL, BNP or any racist organisation. 

Ive had fans around me calling players black so and so's but that's in the heat of the moment! And doesn't make them a racist (as far as I know)

From someone at the end of racism from all and sundry I know a racist by his persistent actions and a racist has persistent actions! Terry does not. He is no more a racist as I am an aryan right wing white supremacist.

A voice of reason, well said Naz.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

Disappointed to discover he is yet another week older than alleged when we bought him.

This is happening every week now......

we should have signed Benjamin button:)

I still can't believe we managed to get him.....yes seriously age and all.

He has to be captain, with 12 months only it would be a total waste, not to mention a few raised eyebrows from around the game.

Chester will understand, he is a Pro.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2017 at 10:47, theboyangel said:

It's fine unless we deploy a dm as well as the back 5.

could be way too negative. 

Sadly I'm not optimistic. Normally you play a defence minded guy like Jedinak so you can include forward thinking players around them, yet inspite of this, at times last season Lansbury and Hurihane barley crossed the half way line. 

Other concerns with playing 3 at the back are numbers, and fullbacks. 

I don't think even the most optimistic amongst us believe Terry will play 3 games a week. So what then? Revert back to a back 4 every time Terry needs a rest? And if we play 3 at the back, what do we have on the bench incase of injury? Elthick? Richards? 

As for wing backs, if i have to spend another season watching Alan Hutton charged with creating chances I'm going to implode. 

Imo, we should line up:

Bree/DL  -  Chester  -  Terry  -  Taylor. 

Terry has had a fabulous career and he will rightly go down as one of the greats of English football. Of course it's a big step down from Chelsea and everything that comes with playing for Chelsea, but he should also be privileged to be playing for villa and being a part of getting this great club back up. He's getting paid well for his troubles too.

While not initially sold, I do think one thing he will bring is a fear factor on the opposition. How many players at this level will have reached his level and some will be just happy to share a pitch with him

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why didn't he play in either game yesterday? 

Cos they couldn't get his wheelchair onto the pitches. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why didn't he play in either game yesterday? 

He was at Wimbledon yesterday with the other Chelsea Pensioners.

Age-related gag out of the way, he really was at Wimbledon yesterday, not sure why he wasn't part of either friendly. When Terry signed, my mate said he'd heard his first game would be the Shrewsbury one.

Â