Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

I really don't get why Barca pushed so hard for Dembele. As mentioned Dembele only had 6 goals, and 12 assists last season. That isn't bad by any means, but the fee is just insane. Yes he is young, but that is such a risky purchase. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pique publicly praising dembele and coutinho actions. What a prick and nothing will be done about it

Makes neymar leaving feel sweeter

I'd feel the same if Neymar had gone somewhere other than PSG

Burke's an interesting one, great athlete, but doesn't seem to make the best decisions, he's like a slightly better Adama Traore at this stage. He didn't have a good season last season, I wonder if he will actually be able to thrive under Pulis where tactical awareness and positional discipline are a must. 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

jonny evans or benedikt howedes for £20m?

or wesley hoedt for £15m?

Hoedt for that price could be one of the signings of the summer imo. The sort Southampton will be selling to Liverpool for 50m in 12-24 months. Surprised no premier league team have bid for Stefan De Vrij either as Lazio had an excellent season last year.

When you think about it if you want to sign a defender Seria A should be the first port of call as they certainly know how to defend in that league.

On 8/24/2017 at 17:15, Czechlad said:

I really don't get why Barca pushed so hard for Dembele. As mentioned Dembele only had 6 goals, and 12 assists last season. That isn't bad by any means, but the fee is just insane. Yes he is young, but that is such a risky purchase. 

Dembele will be one of the best players if not the best player in the world before his career finishes. He was absolutely incredible last year in a poor Dortmund team. With players around him like Messi and Suarez he will dominate even more. Yes the money is ridiculous, but who is going to see a player like Dembele to Barcelona for anything less than 100m when they have just been given 200m for Neymar?

Also, Barcelona tried to buy him last summer before Dortmund got him as they promised him more first team football, so he was always likely to go to Barcelona.

Edited by steve1986
  • Like 2

On 24/08/2017 at 17:15, Czechlad said:

And to think whoever signs Mbappe, who is 18, will be paying around £150m+ .... ridiculous figures on transfers at the moment. 

Reading have made some good signings. Not only Bacuna but they've also just signed Dave Edwards from Wolves for around 1m who in my opinion is an underrated player. They're also bidding for Jordan Hugill who I rate as well. I'd be surprised if they're not right up there again this season.