Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

If I was Newcastle I'd be keeping Gayle. Gayle and Joselu could make a very good front two with a lot of upside. Like us a few seasons ago I think they have some very underrated players who could take them far if they invest in and build around the right ones. Gayle is one of those.

Gayle is garbage at premier league level. If they got £18m for him, which is apparently what they've quoted suitors, it'd be one of the rip offs of the century. He is basically a poor mans Darren Bent.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gayle is garbage at premier league level. If they got £18m for him, which is apparently what they've quoted suitors, it'd be one of the rip offs of the century. He is basically a poor mans Darren Bent.

£2m more that West Ham paid for Javier Hernandez

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is actually laiughable, the sooner subscriptions start rapidly dropping and the PL goes bust the better.

Silly me , I thought with this new TV deal we were going to see the standard of the league actually go up, some of the best players in the world come over and put some real glitz and world class ability in the league. Instead, we have the same sub par players just going for 3 times the value they were previously.

We will not be seeing PL clubs advance further in Europe, or use this money to exert their power over the 'real big boys'. It is all just been spunked up the wall on dross...and I cannot understand why. Is it just laziness?

Presumably - and I base this on nothing more than a poor understanding of the rules and the observation that Tottenham aren't wasting the same money - this is all to do with having enough homegrown players in your Champions League squad? 

Otherwise, yes, it makes no sense at all. 

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

If I was Newcastle I'd be keeping Gayle. Gayle and Joselu could make a very good front two with a lot of upside. Like us a few seasons ago I think they have some very underrated players who could take them far if they invest in and build around the right ones. Gayle is one of those.

Neither of them have done anything of note at PL level, except Gayle banging a screamer past us. They desperately need a quality striker. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's barely had an opportunity to prove himself at Premier League level. He was out of favour or injured for most his time at Crystal Palace yet still scored 15 goals while making only 27 starts for a team that was battling relegation under some negative and ordinary managers. His ceiling's a lot higher than people think and Newcastle are making a mistake by selling him even at that price.

Edited by Michael118

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Neither of them have done anything of note at PL level, except Gayle banging a screamer past us. They desperately need a quality striker. 

They have 2 in Joselu & Gayle. They just need to put some faith in them.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that one is mental. He is proper shit (relatively speaking)

He left United because he wasn't good enough at that level. Why is he suddenly back on the radar of that level of club?

Milan signed Bonucci for the same sort of fee that's being reported for Evans!!!

Evans is decent tbh.  Man Utd shouldn't have really let him go IMO.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With all the craziness going on this summer I still never expected to be typing this...

renato Sanches to Swansea on loan

Would make sense if they are letting him go out on loan. Clement has worked with Ancelloti and you would expect him to play every week at Swansea rather than a few games here and there at one of the "big" clubs. Sanches is only 20, Needs to be playing as often as possible

Edited by LakotaDakota

yeah i get the clement link, they were talking about bony going back there too this morning, 2 good signings for them

baggies signed a polish bloke whos name im not even going to try and spell on loan from PSG, he was good at sevilla, didnt get a sniff last season, the bollocks on my facebook "pride of the midlands" because they signed a psg reserve player on loan and arsenals 3rd choice LB

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Evans is decent tbh.  Man Utd shouldn't have really let him go IMO.

He's decent if you're talking about premier league defenders in general.

But he's not decent if you're talking about potential title winning teams. He's not good enough.

He's certainly not worth £30m. Even in this mental market.

31 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Krychowiak is one of the signings of the window imo. Yes, it didn't work at PSG, but he was one of the best midfielders of his ilk in the world while at Sevilla. Surely has to be the best player to play for West Brom in decades?

I agree. I'm a bit bemused why he's fallen so out of favour at PSG considering Emery got great form out of him at Sevilla and then signed him again.

• Like 1

Every single time the premier league money has increased there's been the same noises about how all the best talent will be attracted. The same thing has happened every time: literal no increase in the quality of player but more and more money is thrown at them, depressing. Can't wait until it all collapses on itself.

• Like 1