Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

oxlade_1966024c.jpg

;)

That's what I meant, go back there, he'd be a far more prominent player for them in a decent team tryin game to push, instead he's a back up player in a team going backwards but somehow thinks he deserves the big bucks

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Arsenal to offer Oxlade-Chamberlain a huge payrise to convince him to stay at the club.

Why?

If I was Wenger I'd get rid of Walcott, Ox and Wilshere. 

All flattered to deceive and mentally weak. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

To be fair, the Ox is pretty good in the wingback role of the formation Arsenal now play with. I think this is more of a situation where Arsenal have no replacement if he leaves. The Ox can play left or right wing back. Plus he can slot into CM in a pinch. 

They can just switch to 4-2-3-1 and play Kolansanic or Monreal there. They're hardly short of full back options.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Same here. How much must they be on all together? £200k p/w?

You can get 1 'proper' player for that.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Same here. How much must they be on all together? £200k p/w?

You can get 1 'proper' player for that.

Mesut Ozil. Oh...........

I'm amazed people still say with Arsenal they need this player and that. It's all in their heads. Get to February still in the title race and they start losing at home to the likes of Swansea and Watford. Play them in October with no pressure and they beat these teams 3-0.

Walcott and Chamberlain are useful players to have. They're not crap.

But I don't understand why, if Arsenal are in a position where Chamberlain is attracting interest and feel they need to offer him a large payrise to keep him, they wouldn't just sell him.

Use the fee and the extra wages to sign someone better.

If there was no interest in him then I totally understand keeping him.

I had Talksport on earlier and Damian Comolli came up with an interesting theory regarding transfer fees and contracts. 

He suggested that now clubs are so rich that nobody is willing to sell, like in the case of Van Dijk and Coutinho, that players will start signing shorter contracts in order to regain some control over their career and insisting on release clauses  

Not sure how that would pan out, but thought worth mentioning. 

Then you have the likes of Davinson Sanchez signing a 6 year deal at Spurs. 6 years!!

Spurs always give out long contracts for that exact reason, to get a massive fee if player wants to leave (Kyle Walker).

What always amuses me is the players Chelsea send out on loan and who know they have little chance of ever playing for Chelsea yet they sign 5 year deals.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs always give out long contracts for that exact reason, to get a massive fee if player wants to leave (Kyle Walker).

What always amuses me is the players Chelsea send out on loan and who know they have little chance of ever playing for Chelsea yet they sign 5 year deals.

A five year deal at Chelsea for a young player will be an enormous amount of money. They were paying Josh McEachran £40,000 per week when he was a teenager and that was half a decade ago. The equivalent now will probably be getting more.

So if you turn out to be great then you're a 23 year old getting a massive payrise from Chelsea or a massive payrise somewhere else.

If you're not as good as expected you're restarting your career in the lower leagues as a 20 year old with say, £2m in the bank or as a 23 year old with £6m in the bank after a couple of years on loan somewhere.

Remind me of the downside of signing the 5 year deal again?

23 hours ago, Genie said:

Wilshere you'd certainly get rid of, accept any cash offer that comes in.

With less than 12 months on his contract, ankles made of fibre glass and questionable personal discipline on and off the pitch nobody is coming in to offer any money for him.

47 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

A five year deal at Chelsea for a young player will be an enormous amount of money. They were paying Josh McEachran £40,000 per week when he was a teenager and that was half a decade ago. The equivalent now will probably be getting more.

So if you turn out to be great then you're a 23 year old getting a massive payrise from Chelsea or a massive payrise somewhere else.

If you're not as good as expected you're restarting your career in the lower leagues as a 20 year old with say, £2m in the bank or as a 23 year old with £6m in the bank after a couple of years on loan somewhere.

Remind me of the downside of signing the 5 year deal again?

Yeah I understand that. I think Solanke was earning a stupid amount aswell.

It was more the frustration when we were top 6 we lost good players like Young, Milner, Downing etc because none of them were interested in extending their deals on good money and being England regulars yet a player with little chance of playing at Chelsea will just sign a deal with no questions asked.

Guess that's just the way the football pecking order is even though in those times we were only 2-3 places off Chelsea in the league.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

With less than 12 months on his contract, ankles made of fibre glass and questionable personal discipline on and off the pitch nobody is coming in to offer any money for him.

West Ham are type of club pay big fee for him in that state haha

14 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I had Talksport on earlier and Damian Comolli came up with an interesting theory regarding transfer fees and contracts. 

He suggested that now clubs are so rich that nobody is willing to sell, like in the case of Van Dijk and Coutinho, that players will start signing shorter contracts in order to regain some control over their career and insisting on release clauses  

I find it baffling that clubs don't have the common sense to include a mandatory 1 year option at the end of every players deal. That way you are pretty much guaranteed that the player cannot walk away for nothing because you have that extra year option in your back pocket. Also if the player turns out to be a dud you can decline the extra year option and you are not left stuck with him. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 19:58, Xela said:

Need the token Brits for the home grown quota.

• Like 1