Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

On 12/08/2017 at 10:40, Dr_Pangloss said:

>(e)100m seems utterly outrageous, in any other recent window he'd be no more, and I mean, no more than (e)40m. 

In any other asset class alarm bells will be ringing over a fairly serious bubble, I for a second do not think football will be immune to this, surely the shit will (literally) hit the fan before long. 

It will, if history shows us anything it's that inflated spending will eventually cause an implosion.

It may take a while but as media (both general and social) becomes more accessible I doubt that the TV deals will be so lucrative.

It may sound bitter but honestly, I'd love to see Chelsea, City, United etc falling into financial disarray, I have my popcorn ready and waiting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sne said:

West Ham about to sign Cleveland from Family Guy.

Great signing for them that.

Who? 

I don't mean Cleveland, I know who that is, but I'm assuming they aren't actually signing a two-dimensional drawing. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Who? 

I don't mean Cleveland, I know who that is, but I'm assuming they aren't actually signing a two-dimensional drawing. 

William carvalho

Bildresultat

• Like 1

Apparently Man City are after Jonny Evans from WBA, Seems a strange one but who knows.

Think he would be daft to go and would end up with spliners in his arse like Delph but would imagine he would at least double his money which is always going to be tempting

29 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Apparently Man City are after Jonny Evans from WBA, Seems a strange one but who knows.

Man City would be a far stronger team if they had some solid defenders like Evans IMO

They are weak defensively in the centre. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

not saying he wouldn't improve them but doesn't really fit their strategy of spending 50 million on a defender that can't defend and despite spending much of his career at United he isn't really a "big name" glamorous signing

I agree with that, he wouldn't be a typical signing for them, but would be exactly what they need. 

TBH I didn't massively rate him at Man Utd, but he's proven he's top class while at the boggies

£18m bid rejected. 

League rivals West Brom.defender Jonny Evans rejected by Premier Manchester City have had an £18m bid for

Wow.

City need homegrown players... and Evans is homegrown and probably the best such available player in a position where City actually need someone. I hope they have to spend 30m on him, it's all fairy money at this stage anyway.

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think Johnny Evans is very underrated. Been excellent at West Brom although of course Pulisball means the CBs sit deep.

I'd be more confident with him at the back than Otamendi and Stones anyway.

Don't disagree that he's a decent player who'd do a job but I'd happily argue it's another case of really poor scouting, all that set up, all that academy and coaching set up and what city have done in the last couple of years with otamendi, mangala and stones is gone out and paid over the odds for what looks like an obvious answer, they have all these resources and yet can't find a potential world class player or can't be bothered to train someone on the brink of becoming that player

evans to me says city aren't even trying to use the majority of the tools at their disposal

varane, Marquinhos, romagnoli, rugani, Vallejo, find them scout them buy them train them to be the world class player they could be...nah **** it just buy Jonny Evans