Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

the only person that would say Liverpool are even on same level are deluded Liverpool fans or deluded Liverpool pundits in the media or deluded English journalists/pundits

serie a is a poorly supported league. Juventus avg home gates are under 40,000 whearas Liverpool average was 53000 last season. more people globally watch the Premier League. its far better supported. The only thing Juve have got is that they win their league which isn't as competitive as our league on a regular basis and get to the later stages of the European competitions in recent years. I don't think anbody can say an Italian club is bigger than a top english club anymore. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

serie a is a poorly supported league. Juventus avg home gates are under 40,000 whearas Liverpool average was 53000 last season. more people globally watch the Premier League. its far better supported. The only thing Juve have got is that they win their league which isn't as competitive as our league on a regular basis and get to the later stages of the European competitions in recent years. I don't think anbody can say an Italian club is bigger than a top english club anymore. 

Juventus are biggest club in Italy, liverpool arent even close to being the biggest club in northwest England

Your basis is that juventus are only a bigger club because they are more successful on the pitch 

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Juventus are biggest club in Italy, liverpool arent even close to being the biggest club in northwest England

Your basis is that juventus are only a bigger club because they are more successful on the pitch 

But then using that argument Ajax are the biggest club in the Netherlands but are they bigger than Liverpool. It was more on crowds and tv revenue really I was basing my argument.  Italy was the top league in Europe but where would you place it now. 4th? I actually would class Juve the bigger and better club right now but the gap is closer than people make out. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But then using that argument Ajax are the biggest club in the Netherlands but are they bigger than Liverpool. It was more on crowds and tv revenue really I was basing my argument.  Italy was the top league in Europe but where would you place it now. 4th? I actually would class Juve the bigger and better club right now but the gap is closer than people make out. 

On TV revenue Bournemouth and every other PL club is bigger than Bayern Munchen (or Juve). The ridiculous TV deal is warping football out of shape.

English clubs are being handed more  money than they are fit to handle and they are wasting it without strategy just because they can.

Liverpool is a big rich club, no doubt.

Juve is a level or 2 above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I thought the fee for oxlade-chamberlain was daft but that one for townsend is bonkers. Absolutely crazy! 

He must be pushing close to £100M in accrued transfer fees over the past few years now. Madness.

i hope not

there have been some really good, high potential, decent figure signings across europe this summer, just hardly any in the prem, far too much emphasis put on understanding the demands of the premier league

naby keita 22 moving to liverpool for £50m, they'll be his 4th club, thomas lemar 21 moving to liverpool for £60m+, they'll be his 3rd club, could have saved themselves £100m if they'd have taken the risk on them 2 years ago, we've got to out scout the market rather than just join in

25 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

When we go up are we going to be making these kind of signings

£40-45 m spent on Championship strikers in the last season says we are.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i hope not

there have been some really good, high potential, decent figure signings across europe this summer, just hardly any in the prem, far too much emphasis put on understanding the demands of the premier league

naby keita 22 moving to liverpool for £50m, they'll be his 4th club, thomas lemar 21 moving to liverpool for £60m+, they'll be his 3rd club, could have saved themselves £100m if they'd have taken the risk on them 2 years ago, we've got to out scout the market rather than just join in

That won't be happening anytime soon. Clearly.

• Like 1