Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Chelsea are pushing the boat out for some fairly average players in Drinkwater and Barkley.

Yes unbelievable £40 mil for Danny Drinkwater.  Vardy, Mahrez and Kante were the stars of that title winning side. Drinkwater would look average in our team

• Like 1

Drinkwater will start about 3 games and be back at a shitter club than Leicester in 12 months time. Does he really think he is going to remotely get a sniff of action there?
I don't care if he played in a title winning side, he's average, at  best.

• Like 1

It is actually laiughable, the sooner subscriptions start rapidly dropping and the PL goes bust the better.

Silly me , I thought with this new TV deal we were going to see the standard of the league actually go up, some of the best players in the world come over and put some real glitz and world class ability in the league. Instead, we have the same sub par players just going for 3 times the value they were previously.

We will not be seeing PL clubs advance further in Europe, or use this money to exert their power over the 'real big boys'. It is all just been spunked up the wall on dross...and I cannot understand why. Is it just laziness?

• Like 1

gibbs to baggies is done £7m

surprisingly dortmund have signed highly rated (he was good in the euros) RB toljan, they already have piszczek who i think set an appearance record at the weekend and felix passlack, with mor and dembele going i wonder if passlack will be pushed further up

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

oChelsea actually offered £23 mil nit £40 mil for Drinkwater so that's more realistic for a player of his ability given the current market place. 

It may well be both. £23m plus variety of add-ons for trophy wins for example.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

...and not forgetting the battle over Jonny Evans :crylaugh:Its hard to believe that 2 of the richest clubs in the world are going to be fighting over his services... proper WTF transfer policies.

Yeah that one is mental. He is proper shit (relatively speaking)

He left United because he wasn't good enough at that level. Why is he suddenly back on the radar of that level of club?

Milan signed Bonucci for the same sort of fee that's being reported for Evans!!!

Birmingham bid for Sheffield Wednesday's Barry Bannan :lol: 

Birmingham have launched a bid to sign Barry Bannan from Sheffield Wednesday, Sky Sports News understands.

However, the Blues have been told Bannan is not for sale before the transfer deadline on Thursday.

Sky Sports News reported last week that Hull City had seen an offer rejected for the midfielder.

The 27-year-old Scotland international joined Wednesday from Crystal Palace on a one-year deal in 2015 and signed a three-and-a-half-year contract extension in January 2016.

Bannan has become a fan favourite at Hillsborough in the last two seasons, making 87 appearances and scoring four goals.

He has made seven appearances for Wednesday this season and scored in the EFL Cup win over Chesterfield.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11694/11012583/birmingham-bid-for-sheffield-wednesdays-barry-bannan

If I was Newcastle I'd be keeping Gayle. Gayle and Joselu could make a very good front two with a lot of upside. Like us a few seasons ago I think they have some very underrated players who could take them far if they invest in and build around the right ones. Gayle is one of those.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

gibbs to baggies is done £7m

surprisingly dortmund have signed highly rated (he was good in the euros) RB toljan, they already have piszczek who i think set an appearance record at the weekend and felix passlack, with mor and dembele going i wonder if passlack will be pushed further up

Passlack is off on loan to Hoffenheim for the season.  Still gives them a choice in the future and it's possible that Passlack will be pushed further up as you suggested, but in terms of their potential it seems like two good options to have.

• Like 1