General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, snowychap said:

Unnecessary to make it about parts, surely?

Not sure what's wrong with that. There's no prejudice from my side. If they mixed it up with smug right wingers I'd drop the female bit. But they're always getting female shock jocks on. They always seem to sit them in the left hand seat too. This is not prejudiced against seats on the right :-)

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Did you miss the likes of Rees- Mogg on there?

Fair point. They generally are least relevant though. Oakeshott, Perrins and others come from nowhere.

48 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Isn't it funny how immigration has now become 'mass' immigration?

It's almost like if we add another word it sounds even worse and therefore people will apply less scrutiny to everything else.

It's a weasel term.

It lets the anti immigration mob 'win' on 2 fronts. They can say that they aren't against immigration, undermining basic attacks against them, as they're against this worse version that's obviously going on, and how can't you be?! And it let's them spin the idea that immigration is mass by constantly going on about it and nothing else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

For the record - I voted remain, and I still believe we are better off together... in Europe, and closer to home, in the UK. So two fingers to Salmond and Sturgeon. If we got to vote again tomorrow, I would still remain. That said, I'm not a 'remoan...' I'm not standing on my balcony burning my bra or anything. But if someone asks me, I am a remainer. :thumb:

I'm 42, and voted consciously for the world I envisioned my daughter growing up in.

This is where I was and where I am, I want it over with so we can focus on the future.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This is where I was and where I am, I want it over with so we can focus on the future.

Me, also. If voting again, im staying remain but if theres not going to be a vote again, which there isnt, lets just get it don and sorted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zak said:

Me, also. If voting again, im staying remain but if theres not going to be a vote again, which there isnt, lets just get it don and sorted.

me too lets get it sorted

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i still dont feel the need to defend my leave vote but knowing what i know now i voted remain, but not on the grounds of anything that was argued by either side

in 30 years time when we're all living the life out of The Road, fighting over 10 year old tins of peaches i'll be telling campfire stories about how it could of worked if we actually had politicians that weren't laughably inept

Ha, I actually feel those tins may be headed to existing EU members who will be left behind by EU trade arrangements....our tins will more likely have lychee in them.

I would probably change my vote though. Firstly, I think the bloody nose we gave the EU will smart for a while and secondly, many remainers have moved outside their bubble to understand why leave was so heavily supported. The media and politicans still don't have a clue but as long as the people get it, things will improve and they already have. 
The slightly protectionist Labour manifesto was a good example of that....but then Corbyn was an EU sceptic. 

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

28 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Tide has turned and May is drowning.

Is the government official formed yet? Things might get nasty in Kensington, could she be forced to step down?

Agreed,  it's got that "just before a hot weekend, people are a little on the peeved side, things will go wrong type of vibe"  It's an infectious thing as well,  once it goes it goes all night. 

BBC TV news at 6 she was asked a straight question about the personal criticism of her not having met with the public and victims when she had first visited the scene.

She launched in to a question about money that hadn't been asked. Poor bugger looked totally bemused at the weird question about victims, just sat there silent with the camera running with nothing else to say after the money answer. 

It felt to me like the BBC knew exactly what they were doing leaving her hanging there silent for a brief couple of seconds with nothing left to say, no empathy to give.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

brief couple of seconds with nothing left to say, no empathy to give.

(empathy) It's probably the hardest to fake and the easiest to spot as well.  Forget political parties or whatever,  just on the human aspect, Corbyn made it look easy with the victims of the tragedy,  like effortless,  he wanted to be there as far as I could see and he looked genuinely shocked to his core. 

May on the other hand could rehearse it until the end of time and she would still shake the wrong persons hand (her own bodyguard or similar) or fall over and then pull someones drip out there arm.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

her hanging there silent for a brief couple of seconds with nothing

"Anti-virus scanning" auto-initiated by her OS

(Can cause brief system hang):Scheduling not possible, trial version anti-virus only

She had been shaking a lot of dirty hands after all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The funniest moment I ever saw on QT was when Jacob Rees-Mogg was talking about living near Slough, and Dimbleby (the champion of ordinary folk), sneeringly asked him whether he was referring to his time at Eton.

JRM replied, 'yes, I was there at the same time as your son!'

JRM for PM

Couldn't do any worse!

Â