General Election 2017

ender4

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Remember the margin of victory in the Brexit referendum was pretty narrow. And while the hardcore Leavers wouldn't change their minds, I think there is a significant minority among them that would. Whereas I doubt if any Remainers would switch sides. 

I met up with 5 of my school friends a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 2 years. 4 of them voted to leave. 4 of them would change their vote if they could now. One of them even said "I don't know why they give this vote to the general public cos we don't know what's best" :lol:

Idiots. I think you're correct when you say a minority of voters would change their minds.

Edited by PieFacE

17 hours ago, JB said:

Sticking to your principles doesn't make you a good person if your principles are **** up. 

yes but at least it doesn't make you a liar or hypocrite. Not saying hes right. I couldn't carte less about it to be honest but I also think theres a lot more things that define a person than whether or not you believe in same sex marriage. In politics you can be liberal about 99% of things but if YOU are non liberal about 1% does that make you a non liberal.? Corbyn and May were both brexitiers, Corbyn far more so than May so who is left and who is right there.  In 1975 Corbyn voted not to joining the common market. Don't know what May voted she probably just qualified to vote as she would have been 18 then

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I met up with 5 of my school friends a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 2 years. 4 of them voted to leave. 4 of them would change their vote if they could now. One of them even said "I don't know why they give this vote to the general public cos we don't know what's best" :lol:

Idiots. I think you're correct when you say a minority of voters would change their minds.

same here, i know 7 people who voted Leave.
2 would definitely vote Remain now. 
1 would probably vote Remain now. 
3 picked Leave at random whilst in the polling booth and would stick pick Remain/Leave at random with a shrug of the shoulders.
1 would still 100% vote Leave.

i still dont feel the need to defend my leave vote but knowing what i know now i voted remain, but not on the grounds of anything that was argued by either side

in 30 years time when we're all living the life out of The Road, fighting over 10 year old tins of peaches i'll be telling campfire stories about how it could of worked if we actually had politicians that weren't laughably inept

May refusing to meet the residents due to 'security concerns' or because she can't drill them on the right questions to ask?

A truly loathesome creature, with not a single redeeming quality. I can't **** wait until the tories knife her in the back and I never have to see her gurning face again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

same here, i know 7 people who voted Leave.
2 would definitely vote Remain now. 
1 would probably vote Remain now. 
3 picked Leave at random whilst in the polling booth and would stick pick Remain/Leave at random with a shrug of the shoulders.
1 would still 100% vote Leave.

I don't doubt that's what your mates think now but national polling's been a bit different. 

YouGov did one last month on attitudes to Brexit that came out as:

Hard Leavers who want out of the EU (45%);

Hard Remainers who still want to try to stop Brexit (22%);

Re-Leavers who voted Remain but now want to get on with it (23%);

9% don’t knows.

The so called 'Bregret' phenomena seems to be a media fallacy. 

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

May refusing to meet the residents due to 'security concerns' or because she can't drill them on the right questions to ask?

A truly loathesome creature, with not a single redeeming quality. I can't **** wait until the tories knife her in the back and I never have to see her gurning face again.

Dead woman walking as Osbourne said (with glee).

She'll be thrown under the proverbial bus and she only has herself to blame. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Dead woman walking as Osbourne said (with glee).

She'll be thrown under the proverbial bus and she only has herself to blame. 

Would have to be a proverbial one... she wouldn't go near a real one because that is where you find poor people.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Who is this Laura Perrins and where has she come from?

She is the editor of The Conservative Woman, which I'd like to think is a publication that exclusively consists of pictures of big black cocks. I suspect not though.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Who is this Laura Perrins and where has she come from?

Apparently she co-edits a website called 'The Conservative Woman'. This website published a piece recently arguing that 'an unspoken cause' of the tower fire was 'attempts by successive governments to cram millions of people from the developing world into London in less than 20 years', so I'm sure she's a real charmer and not another Hopkins-esque attention-seeker at all. 

The website has pulled the offending piece and is now showing a 403 error, but the quote comes from here: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Cheers, chaps.

Why on earth are the Beeb giving her a platform (on QT)?

They like their smug female right wingers. If it's not her it's Isabel Oakeshott.

This explains it all

Â