General Election 2017

ender4

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I think there will also be more scrutiny on him next time around  .. he got an easy ride from the public....

How do you judge if he got an easy ride from the public? I mean I can see how you can easily judge the right wing rags giving him a good kicking. Off the back of that my FB was actually full of bullshit influenced by them.

I think like Pete said the scrutiny on him will be less if anything next time. In terms of the right wing media they certainly couldn't scrutinise him anymore or throw anymore sensationalist negative headlines with next to no substance his way.

Edited by markavfc40

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just been looking at some of the FB posts about the Queen's speech, and there are loads and loads of nutters foaming at the mouth about Corbyn not bowing to HM. They really do get angry about it - this shows that he is a terrorist traitor that should be executed for treason, utter scum, that sort of thing. It's quite remarkable. 

The best thing about it is that he was the one following correct protocol. I love seeing the right wingers having a hissy fit over either nonfactual or petty irrelevant crap though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Not at all.

You obviously missed the screaming war-mongering nutters. Or the ones who called him a pacifist as well as those who called him a terrorist sympathiser. He was questioned very hard on the live shows he was on - including from the man who didn't want to pay his staff a living wage, or the Tory student who didn't want to lose his ZHC. 

Plus all those shouting purple men who seemed very upset that he didn't want to nuke Iran.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think it's a minority though. They're quite vocal so stand out more.

which interestingly is the same accusation thrown at the "momentum" types who took over facebook last month  ....

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Not at all.

You obviously missed the screaming war-mongering nutters. Or the ones who called him a pacifist as well as those who called him a terrorist sympathiser. He was questioned very hard on the live shows he was on - including from the man who didn't want to pay his staff a living wage, or the Tory student who didn't want to lose his ZHC. 

I saw a few articles , like matey boy who'd served in Ireland and his sticker saying Do not call here if you are Labour( or whatever it said)  .. I didn't watch the TV shows fully , only watched Paxman let him off the hook  , but didn't all the Politicians get hit by a hostile audience .. I watched Sturgeon's TV show and even I felt sorry for her , the BBC (or was it ITV ?)  did a right hatchet job on her

But really I mean more on actual policy  , he wasn't scrutinised enough (imo) on it ... people seemed to be saying Oh I like the idea of free Uni education   , Oh I like the idea of renationalising the railways (why , British Rail was bloody awful) , Corporation tax at 26%  and so on ... but he wasn't challenged enough on all of it , all the focus was on if he would push the button or not and nuke Putin , which was all a sideshow

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just been looking at some of the FB posts about the Queen's speech, and there are loads and loads of nutters foaming at the mouth about Corbyn not bowing to HM. They really do get angry about it - this shows that he is a terrorist traitor that should be executed for treason, utter scum, that sort of thing. It's quite remarkable. 

Once again, the issue is the media.

49 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The best thing about it is that he was the one following correct protocol. I love seeing the right wingers having a hissy fit over either nonfactual or petty irrelevant crap though.

They are snowflakes

15 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Unbelievable.

*Watching it, they were paying people to canvas for them from a private call centre in Wales. 

The old Tory mantra of win at all costs and by any means in their desperation to continue to destroy the lives of those with the least and destroy public services. 

They really are indefensible scum.
Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Not seen this before but made me chuckle.

I watched this live, and did think of this dude, when the exit poll was announced. Then I had a little chuckle. Fair play to him.

On 22/06/2017 at 22:45, darrenm said:

I know how he feels ;-)

The bloke in the TV clip above did a poll and got very close to the result, whereas you were right in terms of believing earlier on that Labour wouldn't be as bad as the polls were then showing, but, (and I don't mean this in a picky way, Darren) but I had thought you said Corbyn would win? (well to be honest I went back and checked, and you did) I grant you were saying early on that the polls were wrong - credit for picking up the mood swing and Corbyn's popularity with voters, but ultimately you called the wrong result (as everyone else did, to varying extents). The tories increased their vote, too and T.May's PM (unfortunately).

The pollster man - I think his earlier polls were wrong, too. Everybody was wrong. politics has become almost unforecastable - some people pick up on "direction of travel" as you did, pretty smartly and uniquely, on here, yet still even with your highly attuned spider senses, you ended up wrong, too.

I hope the direction of travel in the UK (which is bound to be affected by all this Brexit chaostrophy) will be further away from the tories again, but the way things are going round the world who knows what event will happen next and change things again. Terrorism, Islamophobia, Fires, Wars, Brexit, Trump, Russia, China, N. Korea, upcoming German elections....it's like the Chinese proverb - "May you live in interesting times".

Â