General Election 2017

ender4

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Politics is all about timing....

Looks eerily like that 2 armed salute the bad Nazi's were doing in the first Captain America film 

Forget the politics for a moment. What does TM hope to achieve by staying on ?  does she honestly think she can turn this around and go on to be remembered as a great PM ? - It just seems like a lot a grief with no gain...

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Forget the politics for a moment. What does TM hope to achieve by staying on ?  does she honestly think she can turn this around and go on to be remembered as a great PM ? - It just seems like a lot a grief with no gain...

I think the main reason is no one wants to actually take over the current shit show

• Like 3

Agreed the thinking maybe they'll use her as a lightning rod to absorb the coming storm then replace her when things (hopefully) level out before a new election. She will never lead them into another election that's for sure. 

That's probably a best case scenario for them right not but it ignores the point that she'll struggle to pass almost any laws so that can and probably will change things for her much sooner. 

Yep - I see brexit as who can get through it in the least bad way - there is no good outcome  (Turning youre back on one of the largest trading blocks isn't going to end well) 

whilst I would like to see a labour govt - they might be best to leave brexit to the tories - I don't see any party coming through it unscathed. 

• Like 2

Brexit will scar whichever party ends up having to get through the initial stages, which will be a car crash. Every single commentator has noted how difficult this process will be and how bad even a 'good' result could be. The party that goes through with that will carry the can which the shit hits and no amount of 'will of the people' will deflect the ire of people fooled into thinking brexit would turn Britain back into the power or was a hundred yard ago.

It's terrifying how unprepared we are.

Theresa will be binned once things stabilise. They know she can't go into another election, unless they don't want to win (a move too clever for the power hungry IMO), but now it's too up in the air and there's to much dirty work needing doing. They'll bin her once things quiet down, bring in someone else (hopefully not Boris) and go again, convinced they can make it through brexit without getting shit stained.

• Like 2

Dianne Abbott has type 2 diabetes. Her sugar levels were all over the place during the campaign and apparently didn't look after herself the same way as Theresa May did who has type 1. I am sure If May had known she wouldn't have  said what she did about her. I hope not anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah it really is. Like paul says you can have your foot taken off, also can effect your vision. 

Yes even a minor cut can end up being a serious problem. 

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It is a very serious condition mate. I've seen people in hospital  wards with legs amputated

Fair do's, but she's still a racist, oxygen stealing waste of skin. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

In 2005, Labour "led" the Conservatives by 157 seats.
In 2010, Labour lost 91 seats and the Conservatives gained 97.
In 2017, Labour gained 30 seats and the Conservatives lost 13.

Bobzy on context management.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bobzy on context management.

Here's another context - both times ended up with a tory Government. This time T.May got more votes than Thatcher. I know they're an absolute disgrace and a effing shambles...and yet still, Labour nowhere near implementing their manifesto. Labour didn't "win" the election, they didn't get a majority, they aren't the largest party where no-one hasa majority. The tory words removed are still there effing things up.

Labour didn't win.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

There's a cracking one comparing the cost of the election to the cost of nurses as well this week. May spends £130m to hold an election, around the salary of 4,500 nurses... Despite her telling a nurse on QT about there not being a magic money tree to provide pay rises.

• Like 3

Â