Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His cryptic clues are getting annoying especially when he delivers nothing on the day. Just be straight up if you don't intend to do any deals don't get the fans hopes up

They were never going to be ins. Some of the outs haven't come through that's all!

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

A bigger club, but hanging around mid table. And supporters will become increasingly disinterested. Falling attendances, less sponsorship, less clout in the transfer market. Not a pleasant situation.

And you cannot assume that we would always be in the mix to go up. We were not in the mix last season, and unless there is a dramatic upturn in our fortunes we will not be in the mix this season either. 

And that is with spending money and being a `big club'.

If we stay down, all in your first para is true, but relative to the rest of the clubs in the division we will still be one of the bigger clubs. Yes - not as big as we were, with less clout, but still a bigger draw then many we will be competing with.

And when I say in the mix or competing with, I don't we necessarily will be up top (see last year for details) but we have the capacity to be up there.  As in the PL, there are say 10 teams in the championship who would never expect to be troubling the play off places. We won't be in that group.  Whether we use this advantage is up to Steve Bruce currently (and Tony & the board).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

If we stay down, all in your first para is true, but relative to the rest of the clubs in the division we will still be one of the bigger clubs. Yes - not as big as we were, with less clout, but still a bigger draw then many we will be competing with.

And when I say in the mix or competing with, I don't we necessarily will be up top (see last year for details) but we have the capacity to be up there.  As in the PL, there are say 10 teams in the championship who would never expect to be troubling the play off places. We won't be in that group.  Whether we use this advantage is up to Steve Bruce currently (and Tony & the board).

Totally spot on.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Which is all fine with me but why all the cryptic nonsense?!

He's been doing it for about a year now. He's not started doing it this week purely to annoy you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's been doing it for about a year now. He's not started doing it this week purely to annoy you. 

Obviously but it was fun fora while but now it's abit lame esp when you deliver nothing. No point even posting anything

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

His cryptic clues are getting annoying especially when he delivers nothing on the day. Just be straight up if you don't intend to do any deals don't get the fans hopes up

Not his fault if people misunderstand. It was obvious he wasn't talking about players in to me. 

He was expecting more to leave, but he cant help it if clubs pull out or change terms.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So just to summise, we aren't getting anyone?

I think the idea was more to get rid of a few but that didn't happen either, I'm thinking?

Edit - sorry, just read the thread properly and seen about Gardner.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nazvfc said:

If it dwindles then goodbye to those that only follow villa when they are winning or in the premier league. Different times but we've always had big crowds in the lower leagues. 

I'd rather we have the supporters that will support no matter what division we are in than those who are 'plastic' and only want to support us if winning or in the top league. 

Most of us 'old farts' were there in the 70's in division 3 and will be here no matter what! 

Agree with this, Naz. Our support was incredible in the lower divisions, but we did not stay there long. I think if we were stuck there for 5/10 years our support would definitely diminish. I don't mean not supporting the club - just without the same enthusiasm.

• Like 2