Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Haha you always make me laugh, a striker would've been nice but the manager obviously thinks we have enough

Im a shallow man, have a like for the compliment!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why?

We have far too many players currently. Even ignoring ffp it's no good for squad moral to have so many here that won't be playing.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Apparantly a West Ham player has had a medical and agreed terms at Rennes when West Ham have said he was even not for sale and had no permission  to speak to them :)

Was Diafra Sakho yesterday, Agent arranged medical with Rennes, Passed & agreed terms before anyone had even spoken to West Ham about buying him. Today he told West Ham he wasn't reporting for training as he was going to Chelmsford races with his agent who had a horse running in the 3.20 (it won)

35 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Apparantly a West Ham player has had a medical and agreed terms at Rennes when West Ham have said he was even not for sale and had no permission  to speak to them :)

Was Diafra Sakho yesterday, Agent arranged medical with Rennes, Passed & agreed terms before anyone had even spoken to West Ham about buying him. Today he told West Ham he wasn't reporting for training as he was going to Chelmsford races with his agent who had a horse running in the 3.20 (it won)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Why?

We've overloaded certain positions while ignoring the type of players we need to take us forward. 

I would rather wait and save Dr. T's money until we have a manager who knows what he's doing.

Fair enough 

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

True , and the parachute payments for those relegated will be far more than we got at the time - it really is get up this season or face a long wait in my opinion .

I remember reading that the money we got when relegated was less than half of what Sunderland got for finishing bottom last season. If we're stuck here for another season that will then include another 3 teams on big parachute payments too. 

Can't remember exactly figures but something like we got £30million after relegation and Sunderland got close to £70million, not to forget shortly followed by £25million for Pickford when we couldn't give our players away. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So do you think spending 17m on those two were good business?

they deserve to be beaten by "imaginary sticks" for those two deals

Were you saying this when we signed them? I can't be arsed to go trawling through your posts from a year ago but I don't recall too many people kicking off about it then.

Hindsight, great thing.

As for the business SHA are doing, maybe best to wait and see how it pans out before putting it up against our own dealings as some form of shining example of how to do business.

• Like 1

Teams like Sunderland and Hull have made big money from their best players within the bad squads they had, look at Pickford, Maguire, Clucas etc. Shows just what a bad time it was to go down coupled with what an awful squad we really did have. I still think it's difficult to comprehend quite how far up **** creek we were. We are only really just starting to turn this juggernaut round but if it's done right, and I have confidence Xia will make sure it is, we will be reaping the rewards in a few years time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

This is not true, when Leeds went down they were a 'big club', same with all of the clubs I mentioned previously. Unfortunately we are only just hanging onto our big club status...

We currently have bigger support but this will dwindle over the next few years should we stay down in this division. It's noticeable at Villa Park already this season, a couple of losses and people stop coming.

If it dwindles then goodbye to those that only follow villa when they are winning or in the premier league. Different times but we've always had big crowds in the lower leagues. 

I'd rather we have the supporters that will support no matter what division we are in than those who are 'plastic' and only want to support us if winning or in the top league. 

Most of us 'old farts' were there in the 70's in division 3 and will be here no matter what! 

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

If it dwindles then goodbye to those that only follow villa when they are winning or in the premier league. Different times but we've always had big crowds in the lower leagues. 

I'd rather we have the supporters that will support no matter what division we are in than those who are 'plastic' and only want to support us if winning or in the top league. 

Most of us 'old farts' were there in the 79's in division 3 and will be here no matter what! 

I think what's different is that it's not cheap to go to football anymore. It was much cheaper back in the 70's & 80's. If you go to VP, the team loses, the football is crap and it costs you an arm and a leg it takes some dedication to keep going. People with families will chose to spend their money on more important things. 

4 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Most of us 'old farts' were there in the 70's in division 3 and will be here no matter what! 

Well since our last bit of success was back in 96 so I think most of these "plastic fans" and glory hunters have moved on ages ago  :):(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I remember reading that the money we got when relegated was less than half of what Sunderland got for finishing bottom last season. If we're stuck here for another season that will then include another 3 teams on big parachute payments too. 

Can't remember exactly figures but something like we got £30million after relegation and Sunderland got close to £70million, not to forget shortly followed by £25million for Pickford when we couldn't give our players away. 

Apparently we got 41 million last year, 31 this year & 16 next year, Sunderland Will get 55 this year, 45 next year & 20 the third year.

It is currently based on a percentage of what you earned the season you went down, 55%/45%/20%.

The bottom team in the PL  last year was sunderland with 99.9 million from tv rights

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Jonny Gould (Journalist and Villa fan) tweeted that Crouchy was a target for us.

Would give us the option of a different dimension to our game but at this stage of his career he'd want to be a starter - I'd still take him though .

• Like 1