Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Imagine the scenes when the Jota to Birmingham move falls through and Dr Tony steps in and signs him just for shits and giggles :D I wish!

I really don't.  I'd actually hate it if that happened.

53 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Also -

Bruce buys Jota = clueless manager keeps buying players.

Bruce doesn't buy Jota = clueless manager misses out on good players. 

Annnnnd repeat....

Not if the clueless manager had gone for Jota instead of getting in Elmohamady and Snodgrass!

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Not if the clueless manager had gone for Jota instead of getting in Elmohamady and Snodgrass!

They play different positions anyway, but is there anything to suggest Jota is better than Snodgrass?

Been looking at jotas record. He has had big injuries in the past and has only had one real good season in England. Still for 6m much better than paying 12m for McCormack and 5m on tishbola

such shit business from our club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Isn't that he same as Hourihane and Hogans stats? Means nothing when they join us.

No, it's not (ignore Hogan, he's a striker).

A quick Wiki-check says Hourihane scored 29 in 112 for Barnsley whereas Jota scored 23 in 69 for Brentford.  He's also just a very good player at this level, great movement.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nonsense, the standard is dire.  Wilshere would probably get away with more because nobody would be able to get near him.

He has wonderful ability however with the amount of games he would have to play and the physicality of this league i cannot see him lasting.  

He would need to be wrapped in cotton wool to have any serious impact over the season. 

• Like 1