Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

I suspect another striker is our only target now. That will probably depend on us selling someone or who we can get on loan.

i can only see this happening if mccormack leaves which i dont think is going to happen 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i can only see this happening if mccormack leaves which i dont think is going to happen 

Yes thats partly what I had in mind - wouldn't rule out a loan for a young striker...

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Think we are after an attacking midfielder.. and i believe it will be Lawrence. 

Would people be happy with that? looked good last year for an awful Ipswich side (would fit in!). 11 goals and 11 assists. Scored some right crackers too.

Available for 7 million.

OUT

7 million - Veretout

2 million - Sanchez

Gil loan fee.

6-7 million - Possibly Amavi still to go at some stage for around

2 million - Elphick

Cissohko - minimal fee

Hutton or De Laet - Hutton minimal fee or De Laet loan

Richards (left him in the shop window.. think we may have to pay this fat #$% out)

4-5 million - McCormack

2-3 million or loan - Tshibola

Loan or minimal fee for Gardner

IN 

7 million - Tom Lawrence

5-6 million - striker/target man.. one who would hold up play.. win headers for Hogan and Gabby etc to chase. Better version of Gestede essentially.

3-4 million  - Back up left back

Free  - Samba

2-3 million - Gareth Barry (who can cover left back.......2 birds one stone?)

I still think theres a bit of activity to go! Now of course.. this would all depend on if we can sell Amavi and McCormack for decentish fees. 

Who is Lawrence and why do you think we are after him?

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

We have a lot of creativity. We lacked calm maturity at the back, and a midfielder that can hold onto the ball whilst our creative players create. job done

We have a lot of creativity? Watching us last season we were probably the least creative side in the league, the last 2 friendlies show no improvement in that respect.

So you're saying replacing Baker with Terry and Jedinak with Whelan will transform us into an attacking unit? Riiiiiight

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

We have a lot of creativity? Watching us last season we were probably the least creative side in the league, the last 2 friendlies show no improvement in that respect.

So you're saying replacing Baker with Terry and Jedinak with Whelan will transform us into an attacking unit? Riiiiiight

You do realise thats why he said we now have/need calm, maturity and a midfielder to hold to allow the creative players to be "creative" right?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realise thats why he said we now have/need calm, maturity and a midfielder to hold to allow the creative players to be "creative" right?

You do realise I was making that point to lead on to how 2 defensive players would transform THAT team into an attacking unit..

People are clutching at straws if they are expecting Terry and Whelan to transform the playing "style". It will be more of the same, trying to nick games by the odd goal with only 2 meaningful attempts each game

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You do realise I was making that point to lead on to how 2 defensive players would transform THAT team into an attacking unit..

People are clutching at straws if they are expecting Terry and Whelan to transform the playing "style". It will be more of the same, trying to nick games by the odd goal with only 2 meaningful attempts each game

From what we have seen in preseason thus far, I have to agree with you. We are lacking the know how to play and make some decent moves to break teams down.

Hopefully though it comes good and we are proved wrong mate, but at this stage it seems very unlikely. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a reminder of some of the posts for the last "Underwhelming" Premier League "misfit" we signed. NEIL TAYLOR.

Just because a player is not flashy or "exciting" doesn't mean they don't do their job well. What we need is stability, authority and calm.

To me Whelan might be similar to Gavin McCann, grossly underrated until he is missing but does a good job.

Well done mate, great post. really puts it into perspective. Some are so quick to judge - Im amazed at the amount of people who have written off Bjarnesson already despite a bad injury and coming into a transitioning team in poor form  

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a reminder of some of the posts for the last "Underwhelming" Premier League "misfit" we signed. NEIL TAYLOR.

Just because a player is not flashy or "exciting" doesn't mean they don't do their job well. What we need is stability, authority and calm.

To me Whelan might be similar to Gavin McCann, grossly underrated until he is missing but does a good job.

Uve got more time on your hands than needed, if you spend it trawling back on quotes about Taylor 

35 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

From what we have seen in preseason thus far, I have to agree with you. We are lacking the know how to play and make some decent moves to break teams down.

Hopefully though it comes good and we are proved wrong mate, but at this stage it seems very unlikely. 

It is not the know how. Lansbury and Hourihane were scoring and creating for fun before they joined us.

It's tactics, and Whelan isn't going to change a thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is not the know how. Lansbury and Hourihane were scoring and creating for fun before they joined us.

I never said whelen would change a thing. I agree that at previous clubs Hourihane and Lansbury were good players but they have not shown that at the Villa. Some of it is down to tactics but tactics doesn't stop a player showing for the ball or stopping a little movement to make themselves available. Veretout made both of them look very poor in that regard in the 2 preseason games. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think you are wrong.....but we will see.

31 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

done !

I'm sure most people don't give a monkeys, but I don't understand the point of 'the first interview' with a new signing because they all say exactly the same thing in exactly the same 'voice' which clearly isn't theirs.

Bruce, big club, back where we belong. It's not even subtle! Whatever happened to the good old days when footballers told us about their favourite colour and meant it?