Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

In what way do you think he is wrong?

In that you don't think Lansbury and Hourihane are very good footballers? 

No.....i think he is wrong in that whelan will not have any affect on their game. It should in theory release them to do what they do best, without worrying so much about whats happening behind them.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

No.....i think he is wrong in that whelan will not have any affect on their game. It should in theory release them to do what they do best, without worrying so much about whats happening behind them.

How is that tactically any different to the role Jedinak was doing last year?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Jedinak and Whelan have some significant differences IMO.

Jedinak is a no nonsense, clear the ball first, type of player. 

Whelan is an interceptor and distributor from what I've seen of him.

In theory, his play SHOULD not only win possession back but be the start of the attack.

Something that Jedinak often didn't do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Baker and Jedi were probably 2 of our weakest passers last season - terry and whelan are both much better in possesssion - hopefully this means we will retain the ball better and create more ( in theory ) .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm sure most people don't give a monkeys, but I don't understand the point of 'the first interview' with a new signing because they all say exactly the same thing in exactly the same 'voice' which clearly isn't theirs.

Bruce, big club, back where we belong. It's not even subtle! Whatever happened to the good old days when footballers told us about their favourite colour and meant it?

What if that colour is Blue. :-o

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Baker and Jedi were probably 2 of our weakest passers last season - terry and whelan are both much better in possesssion - hopefully this means we will retain the ball better and create more ( in theory ) .

12 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

In theory, his play SHOULD not only win possession back but be the start of the attack.

I agree they are both better passers of the ball, but I dont think these 2 being in the team ahead of the other 2 would make Lansbury, Hourihane or any of the others ahead of them create more chances.

My fear right at the start of this summer was that we wouldnt improve the creativity of the side, which is exactly what has happened. I would happily trade John Terry and Glenn Whelan for players in the ilk of Knockheart, Ince or Snodgrass. Those were the type of players that are missing from this team not more ball winners. (notice i said type of players).

I honestly dont think we've improved enough in the right areas to be challenging for promotion

I'd like to see the following shifted now:

Richards

Elphick

Bacuna

Agbonlahor

Steer/Bunn

Amavi

Loans for the youth players

Then the likes of Veretout and all the other players who are in transfer limbo (Cissokho? Sanchez?) hopefully leave too.

That would bring the squad size down to 23+ youth prospects which is much more manageable. Then I'd be looking at loaning/selling Gardner or Tshibola and bringing in a player that can play in midfield or on the wing, someone like Cairney would be idea but I know we'd have to break every FFP rule and transfer records to get him through the door. As I've said before, maybe someone like Jota is a surprisingly more realistic target.

I'm assuming Samba will sign a contract if we're lucky enough to get Richards and Elphick out the door, and going into September with a 24 man squad that is very much in the mould Bruce wants it would give me a great deal of confidence in how our season will pan out 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

spot on

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I agree they are both better passers of the ball, but I dont think these 2 being in the team ahead of the other 2 would make Lansbury, Hourihane or any of the others ahead of them create more chances.

My fear right at the start of this summer was that we wouldnt improve the creativity of the side, which is exactly what has happened. I would happily trade John Terry and Glenn Whelan for players in the ilk of Knockheart, Ince or Snodgrass. Those were the type of players that are missing from this team not more ball winners. (notice i said type of players).

I honestly dont think we've improved enough in the right areas to be challenging for promotion

The season has started yet and the transfer window isn't closed so maybe we'll still get some creativity. These players we have signed may have been available now whereas the creative ones may not yet

Lansbury and Hourihane are central midfielders, they are not wingers, this is why i think the 3-5-2 system would be better suited for those two, Attack of Lansbury, Hourihane, McCormack, Hogan or Kodija with two wing backs and Whelan sitting should be a strong enough team.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

0 more permanent deals, potential loan deals and then 100% on incoming transfers. 

5 more permanent transfers out of the club, potential loans out as well, aiming to get 8 players to leave in total.

Skills.

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

0 more permanent deals, potential loan deals and then 100% on incoming transfers. 

5 more permanent transfers out of the club, potential loans out as well, aiming to get 8 players to leave in total.

Looks good to me -

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The season has started yet and the transfer window isn't closed so maybe we'll still get some creativity. These players we have signed may have been available now whereas the creative ones may not yet

Guess you missed the Bruce / Wyness interviews saying we were only going to sign 3-4 players this window?

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Skills.

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Outstanding working out sir!

28 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd like to see the following shifted now:

Richards

Elphick

Bacuna

Agbonlahor

Steer/Bunn

Amavi

Loans for the youth players

Then the likes of Veretout and all the other players who are in transfer limbo (Cissokho? Sanchez?) hopefully leave too.

That would bring the squad size down to 23+ youth prospects which is much more manageable. Then I'd be looking at loaning/selling Gardner or Tshibola and bringing in a player that can play in midfield or on the wing, someone like Cairney would be idea but I know we'd have to break every FFP rule and transfer records to get him through the door. As I've said before, maybe someone like Jota is a surprisingly more realistic target.

I'm assuming Samba will sign a contract if we're lucky enough to get Richards and Elphick out the door, and going into September with a 24 man squad that is very much in the mould Bruce wants it would give me a great deal of confidence in how our season will pan out 

I don't think Agbonlahor has any will to play for another club.....he is a homebird.