Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

0 more permanent deals, potential loan deals and then 100% on incoming transfers. 

5 more permanent transfers out of the club, potential loans out as well, aiming to get 8 players to leave in total.

Sounds good to me although obviously I've no **** clue :lol:

22 minutes ago, skarroki said:

0 more permanent deals, potential loan deals and then 100% on incoming transfers. 

5 more permanent transfers out of the club, potential loans out as well, aiming to get 8 players to leave in total.

Very good. Although you don't get full marks as you failed to show your working out in the space provided. B+. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Sounds about right.

Bruce is taking the "you don't win games with kids" thing far too literally. We'll need to get a handicap lift for the stairs up to the cafeteria in the club house soon so that our new signings can eat too..

I think the signings made are decent enough, in terms of giving us depth and experience.

My only worry is we can't go another full season relying on Kodjia to score 90% of all our goals

we can't carry players like Hogan, Gabby and Grealish if they don't have any end product.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I'd like to see the following shifted now:

Richards

Elphick

Bacuna

Agbonlahor

Steer/Bunn

Amavi

Loans for the youth players

Then the likes of Veretout and all the other players who are in transfer limbo (Cissokho? Sanchez?) hopefully leave too.

That would bring the squad size down to 23+ youth prospects which is much more manageable. Then I'd be looking at loaning/selling Gardner or Tshibola and bringing in a player that can play in midfield or on the wing, someone like Cairney would be idea but I know we'd have to break every FFP rule and transfer records to get him through the door. As I've said before, maybe someone like Jota is a surprisingly more realistic target.

I'm assuming Samba will sign a contract if we're lucky enough to get Richards and Elphick out the door, and going into September with a 24 man squad that is very much in the mould Bruce wants it would give me a great deal of confidence in how our season will pan out 

I am sure you would as would most of us, barring amavi and elphick no one is stupid enough to sign the others

• Like 1

Given how poor some of our players have been over prolonged periods and the salaries we pay them the optimism about shifting them is at times staggering.

We are stuck with some of these clowns until their contracts expire just like with N'Zogbia.

• Like 1

Apart from John Terry, I don't think we can say that we were able to achieve Bruce's wish for 3-4 quality signings this summer. Even Terry will be coming into an area where we were looking to be a lot better! It would be interesting to know if Bruce is really happy with our summer transfers, when all is said and done, or whether he feels let down by those above him. I guess we will have to wait a long time to find that out - if we ever find out at all.

In my humble opinion, if we go into the new season without any further signings, I don't think we will have done enough to change what we saw last season. It will leave me thinking that we will have to live in hope that Bruce and his coaches are going to improve the players enough to be much better than last season. If they don't I fear he will be gone within 10 games and it will all be like last season again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Whilst on the whole I think the incomings improve is, they're all defensive and I'm sure our main issue was scoring goals?!?! 

this. 

A bit concerned how we have yet to address our goal scoring problems. Its not going to change over night with who we have. We need a left winger and attacking midfielder. Starting ones. 

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Whilst on the whole I think the incomings improve is, they're all defensive and I'm sure our main issue was scoring goals?!?! 

Yes but one starts the other, and it seems we've improved our passing in midfield with the addition of Whelan.  I'm not saying he's the only answer, but sometimes for the whole thing to click it's only 1 player away from happening.  People are saying what we've brought in won't have changed much, yet Elmohamady is one of the most accurate crossers in the Premier League and Whelan one of the hardest working, and a good distributor.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Given how poor some of our players have been over prolonged periods and the salaries we pay them the optimism about shifting them is at times staggering.

We are stuck with some of these clowns until their contracts expire just like with N'Zogbia.

You are so right just some terrible decision making at the club. gabby thankfully will be gone come the summer next year but we are still stuck with richards, bacuna and gardner so it wont get any bloody easier unless these clowns start performing.

richards for me is the one that pisses me off the most. premier league wages and contributed absolutely jack shit to justify those wages 

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hmmm loan deals. Me no like.

I'm not so sure about that here in the championship, done well they can make the difference and with little risk!

Just now, Nigel said:

I'm not so sure about that here in the championship, done well they can make the difference and with little risk!

Sure but shows how tight we have to be with money. We have spent about £2.5m. We will probably get in £15m. They really went balls out last year. 

So...

-------------------------------------------Johnstone-------------------------------------------

Bree---------------------Chester-----------------------Terry----------------------Taylor

---------------------------------Jedi--------------------Whelan--------------------------------

Elmo-----------------------------------Hourihane-----------------------------------Green

----------------------------------------------Kodjia------------------------------------------------

Edited by Dante_Lockhart