Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

We can't afford to do a big name signing because of FFP. These free signings and cheap buys are pretty much all we can do. Unless we sell a few players and raise funds, we won't be getting a "big" name signing. 

Well we were told 3-4 signings by Bruce and Wyness, I guess thats us done now..  If I'm honest I don't think its enough to get promoted. We lacked creativity last season and for me these 4 won't improve us in that respect at all.

• Like 2

Just now, Junxs said:

Well we were told 3-4 signings by Bruce and Wyness, I guess thats us done now..  If I'm honest I don't think its enough to get promoted. We lacked creativity last season and for me these 4 won't improve us in that respect at all.

I'm hoping we can add a couple on loans - there were some cracking loan players in this division last season . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I'm hoping we can add a couple on loans - there were some cracking loan players in this division last season . 

Bruce's interview in Portugal - after he said he was trying to get Johnstone he said he just wanted 1 or 2 more. He's got those 2 now so I think he's done. 

He might have reviewed that since the inept performances in the last 2 friendlies though so lets hope youre right.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Hopefully his masterplan is to get these steady leader type players in to free up the more creative types to do their thing instead of having to defend.

I am not confident but I need hope!

Whom are these creative types ye speak of?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Whom are these creative types ye speak of?

Kodija, Grealish, Adomah, Lansbury, Hourihane, Green.  

Creative as in licence to do their thing.  Be that get forward more or whatever.

Like i say I need hope!

• Like 4

Re creativity Lansbury, Grealish, Adomah, and Hourihane should be able to provide this.  Should. We need to trim the squad down before the season starts. If we do that I would like another signing- someone with a bit of pace and width would be good.  I just hope Bruce has a plan to fit all these players together in a system.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a reminder of some of the posts for the last "Underwhelming" Premier League "misfit" we signed. NEIL TAYLOR.

Just because a player is not flashy or "exciting" doesn't mean they don't do their job well. What we need is stability, authority and calm.

To me Whelan might be similar to Gavin McCann, grossly underrated until he is missing but does a good job.

Just trying out the new like button, but yeah, I dig your post. :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To me Whelan might be similar to Gavin McCann, grossly underrated until he is missing but does a good job.

Gavin McCant was one of the shittist players I ever saw playing for us

• Like 2

I would have guessed when they've spoken about signing players and bringing 1 or 2 more in, it was perhaps focusing on the permanent signings. The tweet from Tony Xia, I understood the part (85%+0%+50%)/3 *or something similar* to mean that we were looking at 3 players to bring in on loan, but maybe we can only bring these players in once 3 are out the door? previously there was an equal chance of getting all 3, now one has moved to another club, hence 0%, one we are closer to bringing in and another has had no movement. 

I expect I'll be miles off the mark here, but I suspect the 0% is Hart, the 50% is Barry, and the 85% is another big name, older player who could give us another dimension. If I had to guess, I've got a sneaky feeling about us being in for Young. Bruce wants players who can handle playing for a big club and I think Young has just about proved he's capable of doing that for over a decade. 

Edited by skarroki

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

We have a lot of creativity. We lacked calm maturity at the back, and a midfielder that can hold onto the ball whilst our creative players create. job done

• Like 2

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah, sorry, my post wasn't clear. I was just getting side tracked by the Westwood-alike. Knew Whelan was the pug faced one making Gabby look handsome. 

lol it was perfectly clear. You said the guy in Villa attire. There is only one, standing alone. TRO has given you a classic dad answer. If leaves you all puzzled but you just shrug it off :)

• Haha 1

Think we are after an attacking midfielder.. and i believe it will be Lawrence. 

Would people be happy with that? looked good last year for an awful Ipswich side (would fit in!). 11 goals and 11 assists. Scored some right crackers too.

Available for 7 million.

OUT

7 million - Veretout

2 million - Sanchez

Gil loan fee.

6-7 million - Possibly Amavi still to go at some stage for around

2 million - Elphick

Cissohko - minimal fee

Hutton or De Laet - Hutton minimal fee or De Laet loan

Richards (left him in the shop window.. think we may have to pay this fat #$% out)

4-5 million - McCormack

2-3 million or loan - Tshibola

Loan or minimal fee for Gardner

IN 

7 million - Tom Lawrence

5-6 million - striker/target man.. one who would hold up play.. win headers for Hogan and Gabby etc to chase. Better version of Gestede essentially.

3-4 million  - Back up left back

Free  - Samba

2-3 million - Gareth Barry (who can cover left back.......2 birds one stone?)

I still think theres a bit of activity to go! Now of course.. this would all depend on if we can sell Amavi and McCormack for decentish fees.