Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I wouldnt be too concerned, Tonys proven to get quality in these past couple of windows. Dont listen to rumours!

It's not Tony that worries me, it's the bloke who's asking for the players.

We're going to piss loads of money up the wall again. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Bring back randy Lerner!

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think Bruces buys have been mostly fine so far....considering they have only been here for a half season!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's better to have money to piss up a wall than none surely? 

Randy did his fair share of pissing up the wall ;)

But that's besides the point, we shouldn't have to piss money up the wall. The fact that we now have a bit of money to spend should make us all the more cautious with it, right?

My original point is that I think Bruce will want to sign shit players on huge wages. I think this is a mistake. I think we can do better.

We'll have to wait and see....

Edited by PieFacE

If the rumours on Ledley and Elmahamady (sorry if spelling wrong) are true I for 1 would be very happy,  especially for Ledley as he's a cracking player and find it strange Palace are going to or already have released him??? The guy from Hull to me always seemed to play with purpose and SB knows him very well 

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Which Bruce signings have upset you then? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Breaking News from The Sun.

JOHN TERRY is on the verge of signing a £60,000-week deal to join Aston Villa.

Terry is ready to reject bigger offers to stay in the Premier League in favour of trying to help Steve Bruce’s side challenge for promotion.

John Terry left Chelsea after leading the Blues to a fifth Premier League title

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
John Terry left Chelsea after leading the Blues to a fifth Premier League title

The former Chelsea captain has spoken to Swansea, Bournemouth and West Brom since quitting Stamford Bridge at the end of last season.

And he was also handed a lucrative chance to end his career in the Chinese Super League with Tianjin Quanjian on £10million-year.

But Sunsport understands it is the challenge of trying to help Villa back to the Premier League that is exciting the 36-year-old.

Villa are prepared to offer him a basic package worth £3m for the year, with a £2n bonus if he helps them to promotion.

There are further add-ins depending on the number of games he plays as Bruce looks to mount a serious challenge in the Championship next season.

A source said: "He has not signed the deal yet, but it looks like it has all been agreed.

"It's a new challenge for John. He has had plenty of offers from around the world."

John Terry with Steve and Alex Bruce

INSTAGRAM@JOHNTERRY.26
John Terry with Steve and Alex Bruce

It is believed he was talked into the move after a round of golf with Bruce in Portugal earlier this month.

The pair held talks about his future over a game at the Quinta do Lago resort.

Villa owner Doctor Tony Xia has come up with a package for Terry to lure him to the Championship.

Beat me to it

Great news, I think. Clearly still has ambition to play competitive football, could easily have gone states or china for far more money. We could be looking back at Steve Bruce's little golfing sesh as a masterstroke. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, floody555 said:

If the rumours on Ledley and Elmahamady (sorry if spelling wrong) are true I for 1 would be very happy,  especially for Ledley as he's a cracking player and find it strange Palace are going to or already have released him??? The guy from Hull to me always seemed to play with purpose and SB knows him very well 

So in the last year we've bought Jedinek, Tishbola, Admomah, Landsbury, Hourihane, and Bjarnasson. Now we're being linked with two more midfielders, and I still couldn't hazard a guess how Bruce would set them up in a balanced midfield.