Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

60K/week for a 36 y/o in the Championship is steep IMO.

You know Sky are doing a report in 12 months time on the ridiculous amount we paid him per minute played. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Great news, I think. Clearly still has ambition to play competitive football, could easily have gone states or china for far more money. We could be looking back at Steve Bruce's little golfing sesh as a masterstroke. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wil Hughes going to Watford for £8 million.... wish we could of got him last summer rather than Tish oh well. 

It's alright, we will just give them 20 mill next season when we get promoted :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

"Dumdedumdedum, I'll just take a quick look into the transfer specula..."

nvrmnd.gif

Best GIF ever* and just like me in the Steve Bruce thread. 

*Apart from Mick McCarthy one obviously but that's on a different level altogether. 

Maybe John Terry can play in the hole? Always seemed to be keen to assist team mates in that regard before. 

It's not my money and it's up to Xia how he spends it but if reports are true that Terry will get 60k per week plus bonuses then the Villa hierarchy have learnt nothing over the last few years.

60k per week would have gotten a very good DM which Villa are more in need of than a defender and Redknapp gets it in the neck on here for doing the same thing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People underestimate the impact a signing of his ilk could have on us attracting other players too.

Good point well made. 

12 minutes ago, striker said:

It's not my money and it's up to Xia how he spends it but if reports are true that Terry will get 60k per week plus bonuses then the Villa hierarchy have learnt nothing over the last few years.

60k per week would have gotten a very good DM which Villa are more in need of than a defender and Redknapp gets it in the neck on here for doing the same thing.

In their defence, the Villa hierarchy have only been here one year!

1 minute ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

In their defence, the Villa hierarchy have only been here one year!

Wyness, Round and Bruce have years of experience in the game. Not sure that's a valid excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Wyness, Round and Bruce have years of experience in the game. Not sure that's a valid excuse.

So maybe they have some idea what they are doing ?

I don't see any comparison between this and Lescott/ Richards/ Beye/Pires etc

I've made my view perfectly clear on John Terry, I don't want him anywhere near my club. Sometimes you have to stick to your morals regardless and he is a vile vile human being.

However,  if he joins then I'll hope he performs to a good standard and I'd not boo him or anything. But if any fan gets 'Terry', especially before he kicks a ball, on their shirt then I reserve the right to punch them hard in the face...

• Like 3