Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Yes please to Joe Ledley, what a solid signing that would be for us.

Totally agree... even if to just a loan that would be a bit of a coup considering we finished as a midtable Championship side.

29 minutes ago, supermon said:

lots of rumours on Twitter that Terry has agreed 1 year deal with SHA

Wouldn't believe twitter, he was on Instagram training at Chelsea's training ground this morning.

I imagine he would need to be in Birmingham to sign for someone.

23 minutes ago, supermon said:

lots of rumours on Twitter that Terry has agreed 1 year deal with SHA

Unfortunately I've heard the same through work ( I work for OUFC and the owner who is a massive blues fan)  that Terry is apparently leaning towards them due to the Harry/lampard factor. He also said that fat Lampard Jnr has been asked by Candleface if he is interested in coming out of retirement for a season as a player/coach and didn't say no outright straight away. Time will tell as he could be winding me up as he knows I'm a villa fan.

On on a side note our interest in Marvin Johnson is apparently still there but he is waiting to see what happens and who bids for him before deciding. I asked him if he was coming here previously and all I got was a generic I'm focusing on finishing the season well with OUFC then see what happens response. Top bloke 

I guess as a favour and to help complete his badges ? Probs bullshit but thought I'd pass it on. I never know if he is winding me up or not. 

In regards to Terry I reckon it will come down to money over the project as I know first hand that even though he has enough of it he loves money. When I worked in the memorabilia industry he wanted to paid in cash (quite handsomely) for signed stuff so he could use it as gambling money that was from the horses mouth. 

• Like 1

Lots of rumours on Twitter that we are about to agree a fee for Elohamedy from Hull... I'll try and dig out any sort of reliable source, but I think it's just a lazy rumour. 

He plays right wing and right back doesn't he? Is he more of a midfielder than a right back?

Edited by alreadyexists

This is the best I could find... no idea if they're reliable or not. Not blacklisted as far as I could see, they reference the print edition of The Sun.

Link to The72.co.uk

Aston Villa are close to making Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady their first signing of the summer according to a report from Page 52 of the 21st June print edition of The Sun.

The Villains are coming off the back of what was a very disappointing season for them as after investing a lot of money into the squad last summer, they failed to challenge for promotion and ended up being stuck in mid-table. Steve Bruce became their head coach during the season and while he wasn’t able to massively change their fortunes, only stabilise them and stop the team dropping further down the Sky Bet Championship table, he is now looking to get the West Midlands side promoted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim said:

That Bale fella would be a good shout.

we don't want a one man team........Dooooooooooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?.:D

Edited by TRO

We could do with a 4th RB :) especially a dreadful one at that.

Surely not? Him and Bruce Junior are the 2 laziest links possible.

Edit: Along with Huddlestone of course.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

Not another Elmohamady rumour :bang:

I'm pretty sure we've been linked with him 5 times already this close season!  It's the laziest of lazy Journo fodder.

It's the same people saying this who also reported that Hull would refuse to do business with any team associated with Bruce after his departure last summer.

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Dreading this summer window. 

I wouldnt be too concerned, Tonys proven to get quality in these past couple of windows. Dont listen to rumours!

Only person on Twitter I take note of is Alan Nixon usually spot on and he is saying very good chance JT joining us,if he doesnt sign im not fussed but hope he doesnt sign for Bloose