Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, striker said:

It's not my money and it's up to Xia how he spends it but if reports are true that Terry will get 60k per week plus bonuses then the Villa hierarchy have learnt nothing over the last few years.

60k per week would have gotten a very good DM which Villa are more in need of than a defender and Redknapp gets it in the neck on here for doing the same thing.

Redknapp is well past his best though- I think Bruce has got this right as terry could really provide a huge lift to the squad and is still a quality player - , if he has turned down more cash it shows he sees this as a challenge - would be nice if he could get one of the Chelsea loan starlets to join him here too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Wil Hughes going to Watford for £8 million.... wish we could of got him last summer rather than Tish oh well. 

Good...weakens Derby considerably!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, midian said:

Only person on Twitter I take note of is Alan Nixon usually spot on and he is saying very good chance JT joining us,if he doesnt sign im not fussed but hope he doesnt sign for Bloose

That means you fancy having him, but are afraid to say so and miss out on him.

I say, get in there......get it done.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

If we get John Terry, the knock on effect will transform the club.

Totally agree , statement of intent and great for villa that's he's chosen us ahead of many other clubs and more money - would love him to talk Tammy Abraham into a loan here ;)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Reports are saying £60k p/w but not sure how that is known at this stage. Got to remember there is obviously no transfer fee involved though.

£60k per week.  Blimey, the poor lamb, how on earth is he expected to live on that? 

I vote we set up a just giving page to supplement his income if he signs. Football really has gone nuts aint'nt it. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

IF we can get Terry, why not Delph? Those two = promotion. 

It is still an "if" with Terry but who is this Delph that you speak of? It cannot be that slithering snake can it? If so, would he really want to come back here (he was quick enough to decide to leave)? Would we want him to come back here? For me, I only want players (like Terry;)) who want to play for us.  

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

£60k per week.  Blimey, the poor lamb, how on earth is he expected to live on that? 

I vote we set up a just giving page to supplement his income if he signs. Football really has gone nuts aint'nt it

It sure has but I'm sure the £2m bonus he will get when we go up will supplement his income for the year. ;)  

When you consider that we're probably paying Gabby, Richards and Hutton close to £60k each (maybe £40k-£50k), £60k for Terry for a year is a no-brainer.

£100k p/w would be a silly amount, but I could stomach it if we got promoted and he then left. But £70k p/w or lower for one season is what I'd consider acceptable, considering that there is a small risk that he'll be dreadful or get injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Delph? I wouldn't bother with him, he's nothing special and there are plenty of other similar quality midfielders which would be less controversial. Let sleeping snakes lie! :lol:

He was a good player for us during a bad time. Now whether you feel his move was justified or not, most people hated/hate the way it all went down. Him coming here would cause so much controversy and conflict between the fans. Now that we're finally settling down as fans, not overhauling the squad and starting to look forward, I'd rather we didn't sign Delph and upset the apple cart.

• Like 3

For most his time here Delph was injured or average.

He had some good spells but there is nowhere near enough about him to make me the least interested in him coming back. 

I see no connection whatsoever between signing Terry and trying to sign Delph.

• Like 2