Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The problem with Bruce is he's the old school type of manager and the game is changing - new formations and tactics and modern thinking managers with new bright ideas have come into the game and I'm not sure Bruce has moved with the times .

I made our formation against Bristol to be a 3-3-3-1 which is pretty damn innovative. 

Didnt work very well mind. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I made our formation against Bristol to be a 3-3-3-1 which is pretty damn innovative. 

Didnt work very well mind. 

I made it 551 and I don't class playing that formation innovative against Real Madrid let alone Bristol City!! This is the Championship we don't need innovation we need motivation as we have the players. When he says picked the right players in the right positions and motivated them we've looked good but he seems to worry about the opposition more than he does worry about getting our players playing well. 

• Like 1

Agree with all of that except the bit about us playing 11 outfield players. 

Formation for me was

johnstone

Chester, Samba, Terry

Elmo, Whelan, Taylor,

Green, Hourihane, Onomah

Davis

But I completely agree about him worrying too much about opposition. With squad we have we should be starting every game on the front foot. 

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The problem with Bruce is he's the old school type of manager and the game is changing - new formations and tactics and modern thinking managers with new bright ideas have come into the game and I'm not sure Bruce has moved with the times .

I don't think there is that many new formations and tactics. Most have been used before. We played 3 at the back 20+ years ago and we weren't the first for instance. What you have to be able to do is adapt to the current game. That's where Bruce is lacking. He's still playing defensive football when every other team just attacks when they get the chance. He lacks tactics yet tries to adapt to the opposition. Just concentrate on us. We have better players than nearly all the teams just get them confident and attacking. 

• Like 2

I make the squad 31 if you count O'Hare and Davis.

That is just ridiculous.

We have more (wasted) money in wages sitting in the stands any given week than half of the clubs in the league has in their entire squad.

Edited by sne

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

get rid of 5 before we being others in.

Elphick, Richards, Gardner, McCormack, Hutton ( wishful ) - could go before we need to bring any others in

Unlikely with one day to go .

Yes unless we get rid of some players our squad will be hoovering up club money at a frightening amount. We always seem to have an outrageous wage bill compared to the success it brings us. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rodders said:

get rid of 5 before we being others in.

Elphick, Richards, Gardner, McCormack, Hutton ( wishful ) - could go before we need to bring any others in

I can see us getting rid of McC, and perhaps at a push Gardner if a lower team come sniffing... but I think we're stuck with the rest.

Elphick I have nothing against he's just not great, but perhaps worth keeping as a CB back up? Richards can GTFO soon as please but no one will take him (except maybe Turkish/Greek leagues?). Hutton just isn't any good, and the few brief moments he's played ok don't make up for the rest of the rubbish, can't believe Shef Weds apparently had interest!  

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Hopefully the "Other Football"  section will be busy tomorrow. We could quite easily lose 8-10 from the gigantic squad and see no negative effect

No idea why Stoke would even think of letting Crouch go. 3 games (2 coming on as sub with less than 30 mins to go) this season so far, 2 goals scored.

Edited by LakotaDakota

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/08/30/free-agent-full-back-training-aston-villa/

FREE AGENT FULL-BACK TRAINING WITH ASTON VILLA

Free agent full-back Stephen Kelly is training with Aston Villa, as per this image from Villa Report.

DIfDhZYV4AAOrnq.jpg

The defender became a free agent having left Rotherham United at the end of the 2016/17 season and it looks like he’s training with the Villa side.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1