Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

28 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Would still like Ryan Woods  from Brentford . He would be great for us as a holding midfielder.

I was drinking with his uncle (and agent) last week and we are watching & have spoken apparently. But so have a few other clubs. He seems a down to earth kid too.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I was drinking with his uncle (and agent) last week and we are watching & have spoken apparently. But so have a few other clubs. He seems a down to earth kid too.

That's encouraging :)

12 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

So his uncle and agent get on well then?

#trollface

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So his uncle and agent get on well then?

#trollface

lol. His uncle is his pseudo-agent. His dad formally represents him but his uncle is called upon most of the time. Apparently the family are big Liverpool fans one side and Villa the other.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wezbid said:

If Pickford doesn't get snapped up he'd stay at Sunderland. He's a Sunderland lad. I'm 99.9% sure he'd rather try and get Sunderland back up than move to another Championship club, even the Villa. It's just realism. 

No way Gayle will spend another season down here either. 

Abraham isn't logical either with Kodjia and Hogan. 

We could do with another striker but it's not going to be on that scale. I'd rather go for someone banging then in lower down. 

This is exactly how I see it too. 

4 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Veretout and Gil can fill the CM/AM spots. I think we need someone as backup for Jedinak. 

I'd at least like to see them have a fair crack in pre season, unless we get pretty good offers in.  If by the the end of August it's not working out, shift them out on permanent deals but no more loans please.

On 02/04/2017 at 01:56, Wezbid said:

We could do with another striker but it's not going to be on that scale. I'd rather go for someone banging then in lower down. 

That lad Wigan signed from Grimsby is reasonably young, tall and strong so offers something different to what we have. Better version of Gestede and would probably cost less. 

He was in the West Brom and Birmingham academies too and i think he's from the area so that might improve our chances of getting him 

13 minutes ago, skarroki said:

That lad Wigan signed from Grimsby is reasonably young, tall and strong so offers something different to what we have. Better version of Gestede and would probably cost less. 

He was in the West Brom and Birmingham academies too and i think he's from the area so that might improve our chances of getting him 

Omar Bogle, yes, I am very aware of him, Wrexham had the chance to sign him before going to Grimsby and we (Wrexham) fluffed the chance. He then shot Grimsby out of the conference and continued to belt them in a league above before the move to Wigan. 

I'd offer Wigan £2m and double their investment, the guy is a goal machine. 

I've been thinking about him for a while. He's probably the best fit for the profile of player who would be prepared to come to us on the explicit understanding that he was third choice and would be spending most of the time of the bench, yet would still clearly improve the squad. He's young and only going to get better with more pitch time. 

• Like 1

I really don't see the Amavi love in at all............ if he really was a potential "£20M left back" then he wouldn't be struggling to get in what is a mid table division 2 team............. Amavi is bang average at best, no way will we get that kind of money for him, if we can recoup our outlay that's all well get............

Linked to Bright Osayi-Samuel of Blackpool

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/602309/Bright-Osayi-Samuel-Blackpool-Newcastle-Aston-Villa-news-gossip

That's according to The Sun who claim the Championship duo are both vying for the 19-year-old's services.

Arsenal and Tottenham have also been tracking his progress this term.

Osayi-Samuel's current contact with Blackpool expires in the summer.

However, the club have the option to extend it for a further year and Osayi-Samuel is valued at around £1m.

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer has previously conceded that keeping hold of his prized asset will be a challenge.

"My philosophy is simple – if people are coming to watch us, then it is a sign that we are doing something right and are helping players to progress," he said.

We have some good young players here and it does not surprise me.

"If there is a young player playing regular first-team football anywhere up or down the country, then the big boys have to do their job properly.

“Do I want to lose any of the players? No, but I realise we are in League Two."

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Omar Bogle, yes, I am very aware of him, Wrexham had the chance to sign him before going to Grimsby and we (Wrexham) fluffed the chance. He then shot Grimsby out of the conference and continued to belt them in a league above before the move to Wigan. 

I'd offer Wigan £2m and double their investment, the guy is a goal machine. 

Was at Solihull Moors before Grimsby so I saw a fair bit of him. Was so far ahead of everybody at that level so it doesn't surprise me how quickly he's risen through the leagues. He's that style of player where he's always going to be a handful no matter what the level. Not sure he has the technical ability to really challenge Kodjia and Hogan for a starting position but he'd be an option and I can't imagine he'd cost much with Wigan almost certainly going back down.

• Like 2

Lot of links to young talent in the football league coming through. I don't think this is a bad thing at all. Certainly be good to be at the forefront of all the good young players rather than signing them for 15 mill when they start doing well! 

I'm all for finding young talents who can grow into the team and hopefully develop so we can sell with a profit (you know like proper clubs do).

As long as we don't limit ourselves to any specific market.

• Like 1