Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He looks a bit too "pretty" to replace Jedi! lol

He might be good for the team. Him and Lansbury can take turns braiding each other's hair.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hutton is staying. 

Kozak is definitely leaving. I would assume Bunn will leave also, but unsure. I believe Sanchez is gone as well, ie that his Italian side purchase him automatically at the end of his loan deal, but I might well be mistaken about that. 

FFS Hutton?  I appreciate he's put an effort in but I was looking forward to life without him at the club.  With De Laet coming back to fitness and Bree hopefully fulfilling his potential we should be sorted at right back.

I think the spine of the team is sorted, we just need someone younger to give Jedinak competition, another centre back and a goalkeeper (or two).

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think by the seasons end Johnstone will.

I strongly doubt that, not with what we have seen so far. We need better quality between the sticks than we have had in the last few seasons. Johnstone aint it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

FFS Hutton?  I appreciate he's put an effort in but I was looking forward to life without him at the club.  With De Laet coming back to fitness and Bree hopefully fulfilling his potential we should be sorted at right back.

I think the spine of the team is sorted, we just need someone younger to give Jedinak competition, another centre back and a goalkeeper (or two).

Apparently Hutton has triggered a clause in his contract which causes an extension due to how many game's he's played. To be honest, I don't mind keeping him. We need a squad after all. 

I agree with your summary of who we need, though would add a backup striker if McCormack is not to return. 

13 hours ago, sne said:

Really hope we can get rid of at least a few out the group of Gabby, Richards, Bacuna, Gardner, Hutton, Elphick, McCormack, Cissokho and Gil as we are hemorrhaging money on wages to players who don't contribute or are on too high wages for what they offer.

Sanchez and Veretout could be good squad options but I suspect they will be gone.

Same with Gollini and Tshibola as Bruce doesn't seem to rate them. 

I'd get rid of all of them barring bacuna

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeh but Hutton is more of a winger/playmaker now anyway... :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Hutton will be back-up to Bree and De Laet, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'm not so sure de laet will be in the plans tbh.

Bought by the previous manager who will need 6 months to settle as he's still essentially a new signing. 

Can we afford another player to settle in a position we are ok in?

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not so sure de laet will be in the plans tbh.

Bought by the previous manager who will need 6 months to settle as he's still essentially a new signing. 

Can we afford another player to settle in a position we are ok in?

Either way we can't really afford to have a promising youngster in Bree (who I hope is not seen as a long term RW  option) not playing, 2 RB's on about £35k/w in Hutton & DeLaet + and Richards doing f all earning even more.

We can't keep on doing the same mistakes we did under Lerner.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Either way we can't really afford to have a promising youngster in Bree (who I hope is not seen as a long term RW  option) not playing, 2 RB's on about £35k/w in Hutton & DeLaet + and Richards doing f all earning even more.

We can't keep on doing the same mistakes we did under Lerner.

Bree will be first choice next season, even if he's not already!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Bree will be first choice next season, even if he's not already!

That would leave us with about £120k/w worth of RB's sitting on the bench and in the stands.

Shocking waste of money, more than most clubs in the world.

At least 2 have to go.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd get rid of all of them barring bacuna

There's plenty I'd keep ahead of Bacuna.

In fact I'd drive Bacuna to his new club. He's crap.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's plenty I'd keep ahead of Bacuna.

In fact I'd drive Bacuna to his new club. He's crap.

Which ones out of the current mentioned by sne would you keep ahead of bacuna out of curosity? The only one you could maybe argue is gil but he doesn't want to be here so for me is rather have bacuna 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Which ones out of the current mentioned by sne would you keep ahead of bacuna out of curosity? The only one you could maybe argue is gil but he doesn't want to be here so for me is rather have bacuna 

Ahead of Bacuna? I'd keep Gabby, Gardner, Hutton, Elphick, McCormack, Cissokho and Gil.

Out of those I'd really only like to keep Elphick, and even then just as cover, and probably Gil if he wanted to play here. But ahead of Bacuna is a different question.