Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I'm hoping we don't bring in loads and totally overhaul the squad again. A paermanent GK, a CB and a winger and that's probably enough. Do we really need another striker?

I'd agree with you if we only needed 11 players in total and injuries or needing substitutes didn't exist. Our first 11 is barely setting the Championship alight as it is. 

5 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Why can't we start to use some of our own youth players as backup (i.e. RHM and Keinan Davis) instead of loaning youngsters from other teams.

Well I am sure the club would prefer that but if they are not good enough then we need to spend.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

few times I have seen Blackburn I have been impressed by Gallagher :)

Yeah, he was good against us at Villa Park.  I thought he was just a Blackburn player rather than a loanee - caused a fair few problems.

I think we need another seasoned and experienced pro at centre half with chester.......... maybe a Jagielka or a Dawson etc.......... think were set at Fullbacks, maybe a cover left back if Amavi moves on............ I think his midfield is set as well, maybe a decent squad player depending on where he sees Tshibola at the club......... its Wide areas I think we need to focus on............. Personally, id say a keeper as well, but it looks like he wants at least another season out of Johnstone, so Id have thought that Man U would let us loan him again at the very least..............

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Think we will sign 5 or 6, think we'll see more Leave than arrive this summer.

Given your inside edge, no doubt you are right Trent, but Bruce said in his most recent interview it would only be 'one or two who could add a little quality', whilst implying there had already been too much change in the last couple of windows.

I know he said exactly the same thing in January before signing half a new team, but why keep saying it if he thinks we still need plenty of new faces? 5 or 6 seems a lot to integrate don't you think?

I think we'll need the following:

• Another forward since I don't see a future for McCormack here (unless he radically changes his attitude) and our other options are either deadbeats or yunglings. We don't want another situation where we have to depend on Gabby to step forward and if we play two up on top we need some healthy competition/backup
  • Another DM since we need backup for Jedinak. I don't want to populate this spot with Lansbury as I think he plays better in a more attacking role and I don't trust Gardner in this position. Maybe if we pull Sanchez back from his loan spell at Fiorentina, but I don't know if I have full confidence in the lad. How's he been doing this season?
  • Another CM. We are too thin in this positions and it speaks volumes that Bruce didn't choose either Richards or Elphick ahead of Jedinak in this position. We do have that 19-yr old kid Bedeau (?) but I would prefer that we secure someone with experience first and foremost to fill this void. Baker/Chester has been the obvious team-up but I would love to see some competition in this area.
  • Another goalkeeper assuming we can't/won't sign Johnstone who I think has improved these past few games. I don't trust Bunn as first choice and Steer is backup for me.

I think this should be enough for us this year as I really do not want to see anything near another overhaul and I sincerely doubt that's in the plans after comments by Bruce. I think we'll sign around 3-4 players and have about the same amount exiting in the summer.

So who are the players who's contracts run out in the summer?

Hutton got an extension on his contract right?

But who have we hopefully seen the last of in a Villa shirt?

1 hour ago, sne said:

So who are the players who's contracts run out in the summer?

Hutton got an extension on his contract right?

But who have we hopefully seen the last of in a Villa shirt?

According to transfermarkt - Hutton, Bunn, Kozak and Johnstone.

Next year Gabby.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rubberman said:

According to transfermarkt - Hutton, Bunn, Kozak and Johnstone.

Next year Gabby.

Hutton is staying. 

Kozak is definitely leaving. I would assume Bunn will leave also, but unsure. I believe Sanchez is gone as well, ie that his Italian side purchase him automatically at the end of his loan deal, but I might well be mistaken about that. 

Really hope we can get rid of at least a few out the group of Gabby, Richards, Bacuna, Gardner, Hutton, Elphick, McCormack, Cissokho and Gil as we are hemorrhaging money on wages to players who don't contribute or are on too high wages for what they offer.

Sanchez and Veretout could be good squad options but I suspect they will be gone.

Same with Gollini and Tshibola as Bruce doesn't seem to rate them. 

Edited by sne

49 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

http://www.espnfc.com/world-cup-qualifying-afc/62/video/3090792/jedinak-irvine-was-fantastic

Video of Jedinak speaking about Irvine last night.

And them celebrating together after 2nd goal.. Hopefully will be in Villa colours next season.

GMPVAM76.1-1.jpg?imwidth=800

He looks a bit too "pretty" to replace Jedi! lol