17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bloody hell guys, it's 4 points, there's a long way to go. 

Next weekend we're home to QPR (just trounced at home by forest) and they're away at Brentford. 

Could easily be back to 1 point in it and we still have them to play at home, no need to worry yet. 

Too true.......quarter of the season still left, anything can happen.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Next weekend we're home to QPR (just trounced at home by forest) and they're away at Brentford. 

Could easily be back to 1 point in it and we still have them to play at home, no need to worry yet. 

Yes but one more cock up where they extend their lead over us and it's over for us i feel

People acting like 2nd is the only auto spot. I can see Wolves being sucked into it. Having a poor spell, with teams below catching up. Two weeks ago they had a 12 point buffer. It's now 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

People acting like 2nd is the only auto spot. I can see Wolves being sucked into it. Having a poor spell, with teams below catching up. Two weeks ago they had a 12 point buffer. It's now 6.

Without getting too carried away to be let down you're not far wrong.

I think if we concentrate on regaining 2nd spot first and then depending how the gap to 1st is looking, worry about it then.

Cardiff and another scrappy 1-0 win, they are not invincible or unbeatable themselves and we need to avoid anymore blips ourselves in the final 12.

• Like 1

The gap between us and Cardiff is the same as us and Fulham. I don’t think Fulham will be feeling so negative about 4 points so neither should we with the gap to Cardiff. Particularly as we’ve got to play them at home which could bring that down to 1point as well as other tough games against Wolves and Derby. It’s still ALL to play for, including that top spot! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Without getting too carried away to be let down you're not far wrong.

I think if we concentrate on regaining 2nd spot first and then depending how the gap to 1st is looking, worry about it then.

Cardiff and another scrappy 1-0 win, they are not invincible or unbeatable themselves and we need to avoid anymore blips ourselves in the final 12.

If we take 24 points from the last 12 it should be enough , nerves start to kick in and pressure does strange things to people - we have many experienced big game players who should be able to handle and even thrive on that pressure - there will be so,e shock results to come yet and especially;;y in this league anybody can beat anybody - stay strong , be brave and the glory will be ours .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is exactly it, the point swings we have seen so far this season suggests it is still all to play for. I am not panicking just yet, there Is a hell of a long way to go yet. The beginning of April, if we are still there or thereabouts is when it will get interesting and auto promotion will be won or lost.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I still cannot believe that some wanted a Fulham win. You got it - still good with that?

I probably would have wanted them to have drawn. I’m still not that worried about them. I think by the time we play Wolves, the gap between us and Fulham will be more than four points.

You know, assuming we turn Wolves over at home, it's really only a 7 point gap between us. Not as insurmountable as it seemed even a week ago, is it?

If we pick up 6 points from 6 as we should before our match with them, and they lose either of the 2 matches (Leeds look like they might be making a resurgence), suddenly we're looking at a 4 point gap at the end of that week with 8 games left to play.

Edited by Keyblade

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's it, we're officially out the running for the title :(

Just seen a few t]weets calling for Johnson’s head - one win in 13 - you won’t make the top 10 - every Xmas you come down with the decorations , never mind you should stay up at least .

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

There will be surprises along the way,too........predicting results is purely cosmetic.

we will all slip up against lower teams who raise their game on the day.

Edited by TRO