17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't Sessegnon just a teenager though? Never seen him but they all rave about him.

My mistake, I thought he was loaned to Fulham from a PL team, just looked and he is their player. He’s pretty good though, I’d imagine he’ll have a bright future

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Not that I’m getting too excited just yet, but the average for second place is 86.1 points.

BBC average points for 2nd place

In the last 10 seasons, teams have needed [on average] at least 86 points to seal automatic promotion to the Premier League.

So that means we need 23 more points to meet that average. Which is 8 wins, 2 draws... but we only have 12 games left, so we’d have to only lose 2. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not that I’m getting too excited just yet, but the average for second place is 86.1 points.

So that means we need 23 more points to meet that average. Which is 8 wins, 2 draws... but we only have 12 games left, so we’d have to only lose 2. 

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

7 wins and 2 draws takes us to 86 , your equation takes us to  89.

• Like 1

Wolves have done us no favours tonight. I had been hoping they would get at least a draw at Fulham. We need another performance like we produced in the derby when Wolves rock up at Villa Park. Not to catch them because I think that is beyond us but to help secure second. Teams that get promoted win games when not playing well but I would like to see us playing well again soon.

• Like 2