17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Foul on the last man. It looked like he won the ball but some feel he went through him. It could have gone either way.

It was a terrific tackle. Got the ball before crunching their guy. I genuinely thought it was superb, and was right in line with it.

I do agree though that pretty much any Home fans of any club wouldn’t see it that way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KSV said:

Problem is we tend to slip up more than Cardiff do. We will need to be near faultless just to catch them let alone go above.

Cardiff have Brentford away Saturday, I'd be impressed if they win that as Brentford tremendous at home. Think the gap could be 2 points by 5pm.

21 hours ago, Alakagom said:

People always underestimating Cardiff here, they are such a solid side. Dominated Bristol today. Will be tough to catch. 

Agreed, I was looking at the stats and after 60 minutes they had five shots on target to Bristols zero and also a similar number of corners so they were the dominat team yesterday.

They aren't pleasing on the eye but every player knows their job and they're tough to play against. 16 clean sheets for them this season.

I do think in the run in they will struggle to get away wins, same for Fulham so that's our chance as we have some decent away fixtures left.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

So overall we got 10 points from those games in Feb. Quite happy with that return. 

March prediction time. 

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Win

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Win 

Hull (A) - Draw 

11 points from 5 games. Would take that right now. 

Same for me Omar.

Think it will be a draw v Wolves as like it or not but SB will set up not to lose imo and Wolves will be happy taking home a point. I too think we'll draw one of Hull/Bolton as both are fighting relegation and picking up points hopefully not both games. No excuses not winning the next two.

Would take us up to 74 points. I'd say 4 wins from our final 7 games would be enough for second if one of those four was against Cardiff.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

So overall we got 10 points from those games in Feb. Quite happy with that return. 

March prediction time. 

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Win

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Win 

Hull (A) - Draw 

11 points from 5 games. Would take that right now. 

I don't see why we cannot get maximum points from these 5 games?

When on our game we have shown we are capable of beating anyone in this league.

With a full squad firing I think we will see a very interesting March.

We will  not beat Wolves if Adomah/Jack aren't available, let's not forget we've started looking dodgy at the back last few games which isn't ideal. Could've easily conceded 3-4 at the weekend.

Personally think SB will be happy with a point v Wolves and that will be our mindset.

Hull and Bolton are both fighting relegation. Hull have a much better squad than bottom 4 and Bolton have been really tough to beat at home, they've beaten Cardiff and Bristol City at home and drawn with this great Fulham team in last two months. I think we'll do well to win both of those games.

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Draw

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Loss 

Hull (A) - Win 

Really don't fancy us down at Bolton, they are very difficult to beat at home, also I don't know why but I can see us slipping up at Sunderland, regardless of how dreadful they are.

After the Hull game we plays 3 games in ten days, all games with one day shorter rest than the team we play. (Reading, Norwich and Cardiff). Before the Cardiff game we have only two days rest, this is a big bonus for Cardiff.

Edited by villa82

I think we should be aiming for maximum points in March, but if I was offered 11-13 points now, I’d take it.

I thought that the Derby game would be the deciding game, but it really is looking like the Cardiff game will be the big one. Them playing Wolves a few days before us may prove to be beneficial to us.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

After the Hull game we plays 3 games in ten days, all games with one day shorter rest than the team we play. (Reading, Norwich and Cardiff). Before the Cardiff game we have only two days rest, this is a big bonus for Cardiff.

We have a bigger squad we need to be beating Cardiff no matter what

Trust me grealish will want to settle a few scores for that one.  Hopefully will be on sky as well as thats a huge game

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trust me grealish will want to settle a few scores for that one.  Hopefully will be on sky as well as thats a huge game

Bigger squad only matters if we play the two games with different players. Full back's, defensive mid and striker are the positions we can rotate and still have a full strenght first 11, if the players are fit.

18 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Bigger squad only matters if we play the two games with different players. Full back's, defensive mid and striker are the positions we can rotate and still have a full strenght first 11, if the players are fit.

It's not ideal but I think the Cardiff one is definitely a game we want to settle the score esp the way we lost.

The way they gloated after that win. If we have a near full strength I think we win this one. They are pretty shit away from home in most cases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Norwich away on the 7th been picked for sky also so that’s 4 games in a row on Saturdays at 5-30 .

no fixtures on March 24 as international week .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Norwich away on the 7th been picked for sky also so that’s 4 games in a row on Saturdays at 5-30 .

no fixtures on March 24 as international week .

Thanks sky.... Put a bit more pressure on us all month!