17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Your team has done well all season, you are right.......just lost some form.

Cardiff away is no easy task, but you lost by the odd goal no crisis.

Lee Johnson needs to stay in his job, to sack him would be counter productive.

Is Albion or Sheff Wed better off so sacking theirs.....No......look at Blues with Rowett.

Its not the answer some folk think it is.

Johnson is in absolutely no danger of being sacked this season, it's just the idiotic, short termist, expect everything yesterday element of our fans being vocal.

My only big criticism of him is he has had a big patch of bad form (circa 2 months unbroken) every winter for the last 3 years including his time at Barnsley.

I think when this happens he starts to tinker too much which prolongs it.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We love playing on sky now, I think......haven't we won the last few times we've been on?

I was on about the kick off time. It can only add more pressure playing catch up

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I was on about the kick off time. It can only add more pressure playing catch up

Ah okay and yes, agreed, would rather be kicking off at 3pm with that in mind.

Although at least I won't have to resort to watching a stream, of a stream, of someone streaming from the ground..........not that it's annoying at all.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Johnson is in absolutely no danger of being sacked this season, it's just the idiotic, short termist, expect everything yesterday element of our fans being vocal.

My only big criticism of him is he has had a big patch of bad form (circa 2 months unbroken) every winter for the last 3 years including his time at Barnsley.

Yes, but the tinkering is a natural thing to try and turn theories in to practicality.

some think managers have all the answers.......they use trial and error, just like we all do.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah okay and yes, agreed, would rather be kicking off at 3pm with that in mind.

Although at least I won't have to resort to watching a stream, of a stream, of someone streaming from the ground..........not that it's annoying at all.

The meta-streams are the shit. The 'the' being optional in this statement.

• Like 1

Had an interesting look at rival fans predictions.

Cardiff seem to think they are overachieving and that we will come 2nd.

Fulham fans think they will finish 2nd.

Derby have given up hope.

Our fans seem to be a mix.

Not sure what that tells you mind...

32 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We are schizophrenics? :D

I don't know why, but I ventured into a Wolves forum to see how the other half lived. 

Surprisingly, they are bricking it. Most of them are loving life, as they should be, but a lot are fearing they will collapse now and make play offs. 

With that in mind, 12 Cup finals coming up. Let's go win every game. We can do that, right?! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Speaking to Wolves fan this afternoon......said " we miss Neves, makes a big difference to us, but should be back for the game with Villa"

he was a bit dubious of their wobble.

...................all to play for.

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Probably reflects the teams performances just as more as the results. 

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

I don't know why, but I ventured into a Wolves forum to see how the other half lived. 

Surprisingly, they are bricking it. Most of them are loving life, as they should be, but a lot are fearing they will collapse now and make play offs. 

With that in mind, 12 Cup finals coming up. Let's go win every game. We can do that, right?! :ph34r:

I honestly cannot see Wolves throwing it away now - they are the best team in the league by a mile - when they display their A game they are untouchable imo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I honestly cannot see Wolves throwing it away now - they are the best team in the league by a mile - when they display their A game they are untouchable imo 

They are the best team but they are also quite a young team. If Cardiff get any closer they will really feel the pressure. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are the best team but they are also quite a young team. If Cardiff get any closer they will really feel the pressure. 

I guess only time can tell on this - you may well be right - but equally Nuno is a very savvy guy who I would expect to keep them in check.

To not be champions now is negligent imo - to not go up is simply unthinkable from their point of view I would have thought ?

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

+ it's snowing and they don't like the cold. Probably. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If Lee Johnson is in trouble - then so must the majority of managers in this league, I think the guy is destined for great things in the game and would not be surprised if at some point he gets the top job.

He is still very much learning and has so much time on his hands in which he can progress and develop into a really top drawer coach imo 

• Like 1