17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

29 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Fulham's win just highlighting what  a huge win it was today. Looks like Wolves are wobbling but I doubt they'll be caught. Could really do with a Bristol favour tomorrow, sadly can't see it. Just got to keep going and hopefully Jack and AA are back soon!

They are certainly wobbling compared to earlier in the season.

Of their last 10 games they’ve only Won 3, and Lost 3, scoring and conceededing 10. Whatever else that means it means they certainky won’t be feeling unbeatable as they did before New Year.

Its a little misleading as 2 of those games were Swansea in the Cup, but nonetheless only 3 Wins in 10 games.....

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Fulham 2 up, they really are a fantastic side right now. Even with our 4 point lead, I don't think we will finish above them. 

Their away from isn't all that, they've drawn at Hull and Bolton and somehow lost at Sunderland last two months.

Got plenty of tough away fixtures starting at Derby.

• Like 1

Great win today, it really didnt look like it was coming.

Coming back against Preston making it a draw then coming back with a win against Wednesday, with a not playing well in both is really positive.

If we avoided a lose at Fulham might have been a really great one to make them little bit further but atleast with our injury we were able to get some results.

We lost 5 points in 2 games, yet we are now only 10 points to Wolves compared to 3 games ago.

Wolves are yet to play Derby, Cardiff, Millwall and Middlesbrough and us.

So that still could mean something, actually if Bristol can somehow stop Cardiff, then that would mean things will be up to us again.

Next week Derby will play Fulham, a draw would be perfect with us beating QPR.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Great win today, it really didnt look like it was coming.

Coming back against Preston making it a draw then coming back with a win against Wednesday, with a not playing well in both is really positive.

If we avoided a lose at Fulham might have been a really great one to make them little bit further but atleast with our injury we were able to get some results.

We lost 5 points in 2 games, yet we are now only 10 points to Wolves compared to 3 games ago.

Wolves are yet to play Derby, Cardiff, Millwall and Middlesbrough and us.

So that still could mean something, actually if Bristol can somehow stop Cardiff, then that would mean things will be up to us again.

Next week Derby will play Fulham, a draw would be perfect with us beating QPR.

Good to see you back :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure this is rational but I really want Bristol C to beat Cardiff.

Even though that means one more of the pack following 3rd breathing down our necks.

Maybe a draw be best?

Nah a Bristol city win any day. Even then we'll have 6 point lead over them. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure this is rational but I really want Bristol C to beat Cardiff.

Even though that means one more of the pack following 3rd breathing down our necks.

Maybe a draw be best?

As long as Sheff U lose their game on hand, Middlesbrough and Preston keep losing points I dont think we will have a big problem from Bristol. It will take them a lot to get back to their form before we played them so they can be second.

For now the main ones to look at are Cardiff and Fulham. If Cardiff failed to win tonight then Fulham are the main ones to look at. They are keeping there form and beating top teams, they've took 7 points in 3 games out of top 6 teams. They will only have Derby and Cardiff to play. Other teams will play each other (well, Bristol also play top teams, but they are not winning even against the lesser teams).

Its a matter of form, some luck and confidence.

When you look at Sheff W yesterday, you cant understand how does this team playing in a relegation battle? (Cant say they are out of it yet). Theyre one of the teams which you would like our rivals to play with every week as theyre getting great results against everybody.

Late goals against Boro, Sheff U and even yesterday could have their say end of this season. I cant count how many goals Wednesday have missed, but we scored 4 on a very bad performance.

Not that im watching other teams playing (apart from when the play us) but you still could see the form of every team and how are they get affected with small parts in the game.

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think whoever loses in the playoffs will start off poorly next season as it will be such an attrition and demoraliser

I don't even want to think about that being us minus a few of our players who will get sold. 

Good thing I honestly believe we can get promoted or I would lose what hair I have left :unsure:

Was unable to watch the game yesterday but checked in on 63 mins and saw us 2-1 down. Have to admit I lost the faith. HOWEVER - I checked back in after the match and saw the result and like last game where we got something when the odds were against us, I have a sneaky feeling we are charmed this season. After 7 straight wins we were always going to suffer some misfortune but the timing of that was actually ideal, we lost to a team we were supposed to lose to and since then we have ground it out. I pray to McGrath that Albert or Grealish return to the fold soon - injured they might be but a rest nonetheless and from here on in CHARRRRRRGE to promotion. 

Biggest win of our season yesterday, picking up 3 points when we had so many players out injured, as well as putting a stop to the decline in form was absolutely massive. Hopefully by next weekend 1 or 2 players will be back and we can start to pick up the momentum again against a poor QPR side, followed by an even poorer Sunderland side. If we can get 9 points in a row by the end of that run then Cardiff and Fulham will hopefully drop points at some stage (Fulham have some tough ones, but Cardiff seem to be cruising again)...

A Bristol City win would be brilliant today.

Scoring four goals after a poor performance and with so many players is very impressive 

If fulham go on to win next week i think that's derby out of it so its massive for them next week. I expect derby to be much better.

Fulham are a real problem but they can't go on to win they will eventually start dropping points. If they get injuries to the likes of cairney and more importantly sessagnon I think they will struggle like we have without adomah and grealish

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

Derby V Fulham next weekend should be interesting

In our next 6 games we have Wolves and 5 teams in the bottom half of the table, This really is the time we need to pick up points if we want to go up.

Agreed. But not on Derby - Fulham being interesting. Fulham will wipe the floor with them. 2 wins in 9 for Derby in 2018. Theyve buckled..again. Fulham are on fire, hopefully theyre due some injuries as bad as it sounds, and we keep winning now. If we can beat Wolves in a couple weeks, like they just have, we're laughing.