17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Starting to think I should clarify I have no impact on Bristol City results. :D

And I am working tomorrow!

You only  sing when your winning you mean  ;) 

Edited by Eastie

Just like i suspected wolves are nothing without neves.

They have not had any injury crisis like we have

One or two players missing and they lose. They wont be caught but good to see they been brought back down to earth. If they don't go up now it will be one of the championships biggest bottle jobs.

• Like 2

Today’s result was massive.

Previously I’d say Sheffield United Away was the most significant, but now I’d say this.

Its made sure a possible slump is only a blip. And to come from behind twice... without playing that well... without key players. 

The poor general performance ( we made Wednesday ( reserves )  look like Barcelona at times will quickly be forgotten, especially by the players.

Winning 4-2 Away after going behind twice won’t be.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Over the last 30 games we have been only 2 points less than wolves - that first week of the season really is where they got away from us taking 9 points to our 1 

Well really it’s just the fixture between the two sides. Reverse that result and Bobs  your Uncle !

Edited by terrytini

It's looking increasingly like we're in a four team race for 2nd place. Of those four teams, Fulham are the one on form, Derby have struggled a little bit after Christmas and drawn a lot of games and we're now hopefully coming out of an injury crisis having come through a sticky patch - it's Cardiff who have control though and they'll know that if they win tomorrow they'll be able to afford to make two mistakes in the last twelve games. 

This is going to get very, very tense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's looking increasingly like we're in a four team race for 2nd place. Of those four teams, Fulham are the one on form, Derby have struggled a little bit after Christmas and drawn a lot of games and we're now hopefully coming out of an injury crisis having come through a sticky patch - it's Cardiff who have control though and they'll know that if they win tomorrow they'll be able to afford to make two mistakes in the last twelve games. 

I’m not so sure it’s for 2nd only.

I never thought I’d say it but ( big but) if we can Win one game that Wolves don't and match their other results ( as we’ve done for a while now) then a Win against them at VP has them really looking over their shoulder.....who knows how they’d react to that ( Again!!!!!)

• Like 1

I think we need to keep our eyes focused on going forward clinching 2nd, but Fulham are gathering pace.

For me, if we keep matching or better Wolves results every week then Fulham shouldn't get anything better than 3rd this season.

As long as we keep pace with Cardiff we should just about over come them.

Sod playing either team or even both again for that matter in the play. We must nail 2nd.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Second this and you have it bang on imo.

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think whoever loses in the playoffs will start off poorly next season as it will be such an attrition and demoraliser

Fulham's win just highlighting what  a huge win it was today. Looks like Wolves are wobbling but I doubt they'll be caught. Could really do with a Bristol favour tomorrow, sadly can't see it. Just got to keep going and hopefully Jack and AA are back soon!

imagine this, coming to the last game of the season...

fulham win and go up in 2nd but relegating blose

or blose winning staying up and we finish second with Fulham 3rd 

A likely situation if it comes to last game of the season 

Interesting form chart on soccerstats website.

shows ppg for last 8 games in relation to ppg for whole season for relative form. Millwall have the highest, than Fulham and then us. So we are the 3 most improved and in form teams

Just for fun here is how the top 6 would end if last 8 games ppg continued until the end of the season. (Did it quickly so might have made mistakes). Shows how tight it is.

1. Wolves 91

2. Cardiff 91

3. Villa 91

4. Fulham 89

5. Derby 76

6. Millwall 75

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

imagine this, coming to the last game of the season...

fulham win and go up in 2nd but relegating blose

or blose winning staying up and we finish second with Fulham 3rd 

A likely situation if it comes to last game of the season 

For me it would be no consolation at all. Couldn't care less if they go down or not. 

• Like 2