17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

12 games to go and our next 6 are looking tasty. Apart from Wolves who don't look so invincible anymore, we should expect maximum points from the other 5. I'm expecting at least 6 from 6 in the next 2 games.

QPR (h)

Sunderland (a)

Wolves (h)

Bolton (a)

Hull (a)

Reading (h)

We need to make sure we do well in these 6 because the next (and final) 6 are tricky indeed. A point at Wolves and we're laughing.

Norwich (a)

Cardiff (h)

Leeds (h)

Ipswich (a)

Derby (h)

Millwall (a)

If we can get 15 from the first 6 (the Wolves game can be a freebie). We can afford to get 9 from the last 6 to finish on 87 points which historically has been good enough for second. It's imperative that we at least draw with Cardiff and Derby though.

If we get Adomah and Jack back relatively soon, we can **** do this.

Edited by Keyblade

The last 6 games will be hard who ever you play, its almost a different game! 

Funny enough the worse teams you want to play then are the relegation threatened teams. Not only do you get dragged into a brawl but you lose the easy points you should have collected.

• Like 1

One game at a time from here - it’s in our hands and 2 points average  a game from the last 12 will win promotion .

weve taken 62 from  the last 31 so keep it going and we will be there .

Fixtures are kinder to us in the last 12 games than the rest , we’ve played all the top 11 away already .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

One game at a time from here - it’s in our hands and 2 points average  a game from the last 12 will win promotion .

It's not completely in our hands as we need Cardiff to lose at least 2 games. 

For Cardiff it's theirs to lose. 

I get where you are coming from though. 

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not completely in our hands as we need Cardiff to lose at least 2 games. 

For Cardiff it's theirs to lose. 

I get where you are coming from though. 

Cardiff will lose  more than 2 games .

fulham are the biggest threat for me then derby .

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I just did. That was the purpose of my post. :)

Opinions...

Ok my opinion is villa or Fulham for 2nd and 3rd , derby 4 , Cardiff 5 , 6 th place is a real scrap which could help us as our competitors have some of the play off contenders to play , Brentford are only 4 points off the play offs and there are probably at least 6 teams who will fancy getting 6th place .

i fancy Brentford to beat Cardiff next weekend at griffin park   Interesting game today with Cardiff and Bristol city and no love lost between those pair .

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Ok my opinion is villa or Fulham for 2nd and 3rd , derby 4 , Cardiff 5 , 6 th place is a real scrap which could help us as our competitors have some of the play off contenders to play , Brentford are only 4 points off the play offs and there are probably at least 6 teams who will fancy getting 6th place .

I try to make it easier for myself when I follow other team's matches. I only want those two to lose, no matter who they play against. Don't care about Wolves either, I don't think they'll fall hard enough.

Was at the Fulham Villa game last week and the Fulham Wolves game this week - Fulham are definitely a decent team, and my biggest worry in the competition for second, but they are by no means world beaters.

Last week we were absolutely awful there, in a large part due to our well documented injury issues, and apart from a 10 minute spell in the second half Fulham didn’t really look all that. Yesterday, Wolves were even worse than we were last week - Neves was suspended and Jota rested/dropped, and they did nothing all game. Fulham also didn’t really do much, and both their goals were arguably down to poor keeping also from where I was sat. Obviously it’s a real boost for them beating two top teams in the division within two weeks, but given the relative performances of the opposition it’s not as impressive as it might appear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

i fancy Brentford to beat Cardiff next weekend at griffin park   Interesting game today with Cardiff and Bristol city and no love lost between those pair .

Brentford can f off I don't want us to be ole'd at Wembley potentially 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Cardiff 0 Bristol 0  at half-time, I think a draw would be a pretty good result for us.

If it stays like that we would be extremely lucky, because it looks like Bristol haven’t been on Cardiff’s side of the pitch and had zero attempts on and off goal 

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Cardiff 0 Bristol 0  at half-time, I think a draw would be a pretty good result for us.

Surely we want Bristol City to win this?

I wouldnt have thought Bristol City will go up to the Premier League automatically from here.