17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Honestly anyone calling for his head right now is an embarrassment to the club.

We are in shocking form right now and must turn in around soon, but perspective is needed.

We were among the favourites for relegation and no one really expected us to finish any higher than mid-table (I would be placed as a "happy clapper" by many but consider myself a realist and expected we'd finish 12-14th).

I still believe we have enough to make the playoffs, and if we do so then we will be in good form as the season ends, which is always a bonus as the playoffs start.

Good luck with that :D

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wolves- 1st, then between us, Cadiff, Fulham and possibly Derby for 2nd and the rest of the playoff spots, and the  6th  spot is wide open. All to play for.

Derby v Fulham , Brentford v Cardiff , villa v qpr - great chance to make up ground next weekend 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You know, assuming we turn Wolves over at home, it's really only a 7 point gap between us. Not as insurmountable as it seemed even a week ago, is it?

If we pick up 6 points from 6 as we should before our match with them, and they lose either of the 2 matches (Leeds look like they might be making a resurgence), suddenly we're looking at a 4 point gap at the end of that week with 8 games left to play.

I think the table will look quite different after the wolves game if we can beat them.

I fully expect it to look like this in 3 games time

Wolves 76 pts

Cardiff 76 pts

Us 72 pts

A 4 point swing with 9 games to go is easily achievable. The middle of April will decide the title. Cardiff play Wolves on April 7th & Then we play Cardiff 3 days later. Hopefully it is in our own hands by then.

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I think the table will look quite different after the wolves game if we can beat them.

I fully expect it to look like this in 3 games time

Wolves 76 pts

Cardiff 76 pts

Us 72 pts

A 4 point swing with 9 games to go is easily achievable. The middle of April will decide the title. Cardiff play Wolves on April 7th & Then we play Cardiff 3 days later. Hopefully it is in our own hands by then.

That would be even better for us because we just have to hope only 1 out of 2 teams slip up as opposed to using our bets on just 1 team.

Honestly, I think if we keep on with 2 ppg, we should get at least 2nd.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bloody hell guys, it's 4 points, there's a long way to go. 

Next weekend we're home to QPR (just trounced at home by forest) and they're away at Brentford. 

Could easily be back to 1 point in it and we still have them to play at home, no need to worry yet. 

Agree some bonkers reactions with many points to play for.

I never thought we’d catch up after our start but we did, it makes no sense to assume anything now. Could easily go to the final day.

We have a squad as good as any, our points tally proves it. Each and every team in the top 5 will have hoped and fears, successes and setbacks, they will all have fans who say “ we always mess up” and all have fans who say “must win” every week....and it’s all irrelevant.

Loads of time, loads of drama. 

Its been my view all season an average of 2 Points per game gets us up and I still think so. I also now think we are capable of  achieving that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Problem is we tend to slip up more than Cardiff do. We will need to be near faultless just to catch them let alone go above.

?

How do you arrive at that conclusion ?

Other than them winning their Home game against us ( which we can nullify) they have One extra Point !!!!

One point.

• Like 1

If we beat Wolves in a couple of weeks, I would say we are up for automatic promotion.

I guarantee that Wolves team are getting tired. You cannot play at that pace all season and not falter, its impossible, also most of that team are used to a European break over the winter.

• Like 1

Gosh our last 6 games are starting to look very tough, if we want to finish 2nd then we need to have a 4 or 5 point cushion going into that final 6.

If we cant get 2nd then it has to be 3rd as we'd play 6th over 2 legs, if we finish 4th then I don't fancy our chances against Fulham or Derby over 2 legs but a one off game at Wembley I do.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wolves- 1st, then between us, Cadiff, Fulham and possibly Derby for 2nd and the rest of the playoff spots, and the  6th  spot is wide open. All to play for.

It's a straight fight for 2nd between us and Cardiff IMO. Fulham are too far back - 8 points off automatics, big ask. They've got 3 teams to overhaul, think they'll have too much to do. 

32 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gosh our last 6 games are starting to look very tough, if we want to finish 2nd then we need to have a 4 or 5 point cushion going into that final 6.

If we cant get 2nd then it has to be 3rd as we'd play 6th over 2 legs, if we finish 4th then I don't fancy our chances against Fulham or Derby over 2 legs but a one off game at Wembley I do.

It's tough but if we have a fully fit squad available then we can beat anyone in this league as we proved last month.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

It's a straight fight for 2nd between us and Cardiff IMO. Fulham are too far back - 8 points off automatics, big ask. They've got 3 teams to overhaul, think they'll have too much to do. 

Who’d have imagined Cardiff would pull 10 points back on wolves in the last 11 days alone closing a 16 point gap to just 6 .

any team  could implode in this league - who dares wins from here .

Nerves will kick in and we have a very experienced group 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I fancy us against anyone at home and most of ours are at home