17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I will say given the mental strength and determination of the likes of Snodgrass, Terry, Chester, Elmo etc I would bet on us in a playoff final over any other team in contention. 

I think this is going to be one of our biggest strengths.. The tv pundits over the weekend on 5 were taking about all the 'leaders' we have in our team.. I think its going to help us enormously. 

JT has experienced this kind of pressure numerous times before, at a much higher level.. He isn't going to crumble in the run in. 

Whatever you think of Brucie he's done this championship promotion thing a few times before so I imagine he'll know how to handle the players through it. 

I'm pretty optimistic. 

After the weekend I think we'll be 1 point behind Cardiff, then there's plenty of games left to finish the job - Cardiff  have some tough games ; they won't win them all.. 

Believe! 

• Like 4

After the weekend we have more points this season than last season, with 12 games still to come. 

Last season we got 20 points from our final 12 games, a similar performance would give us 83.

Come on you Villa boys!!!

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So once again Sheff Wed have been 'robbed' by a referee and Steve Bruce. 

This is time not at our expense. The football gods are saying sorry lads. 

What did the ref really get wrong in the game? 

Edited by omariqy

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Foul on the last man. It looked like he won the ball but some feel he went through him. It could have gone either way.

Terry posted a pic which showed him getting the ball. Then penalty was as blatant penalty as you will ever see. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Honestly anyone calling for his head right now is an embarrassment to the club.

We are in shocking form right now and must turn in around soon, but perspective is needed.

We were among the favourites for relegation and no one really expected us to finish any higher than mid-table (I would be placed as a "happy clapper" by many but consider myself a realist and expected we'd finish 12-14th).

I still believe we have enough to make the playoffs, and if we do so then we will be in good form as the season ends, which is always a bonus as the playoffs start.

Your team has done well all season, you are right.......just lost some form.

Cardiff away is no easy task, but you lost by the odd goal no crisis.

Lee Johnson needs to stay in his job, to sack him would be counter productive.

Is Albion or Sheff Wed better off so sacking theirs.....No......look at Blues with Rowett.

Its not the answer some folk think it is.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 08/02/2018 at 12:07, omariqy said:

Feb prediction time.  I predicted a win against Burton so that's already in the bag.

Burton (H) - Win

Blues (H) - Draw

Fulham (A) - Loss

Preston (H) - Win

Sheff W (A) - Win

10 points out of 15 possible would not be too bad although would like to avoid defeat against Fulham.

So overall we got 10 points from those games in Feb. Quite happy with that return. 

March prediction time. 

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Win

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Win 

Hull (A) - Draw 

11 points from 5 games. Would take that right now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn't think he got anything wrong but their fans are going nuts. It's pretty strange that we only committed 1 foul all game though. I don't think that should be even possible. 

If true, someone needs to tell our players to get stuck in a bit more!

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

So overall we got 10 points from those games in Feb. Quite happy with that return. 

March prediction time. 

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Win

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Win 

Hull (A) - Draw 

I think we will win all bar the Wolves game, which I think we will lose again, unfortunately. Bruce will be too cautious and concede too much possession and space to them and they will hurt us with it. But, the rest we should be able to beat and, I think we will. On top of that, with our run-in, I think we will need to win them to stand a chance of automatic promotion.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

What did the ref really get wrong in the game? 

Didn’t really see anything wrong as such but we got every 50/50 decision and it just felt like we were benefitting.

It was quite noticeable to be honest.

It made a great change, it’s the first time for a long long long time I remember thinking we don’t have to worry about the ref.

He also played the advantage a fair bit, more than the usual al Championship referee, and we benefitted from more of those as well ( just by luck really). Add to that Snodgrass is brilliant at - honestly - winning free kicks.... if I’d been a Wednesday fan I’d have found enough to moan about.

I actually think he reffed it very well.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

March prediction time. 

QPR (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Win

Wolves (H) - Draw

Bolton (A) - Win 

Hull (A) - Draw 

Drawing away to Hull would be disappointing.  12-13 points for me.