17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is almost exactly my predicament; been with my gf, now wife, since 2009... just before the wheels came off! She doesn’t understand why I’m happy at weekends now, as it’s not something she’s ever known.

“So is this new manager good then darling?”

“Well yeah, the results are impro....”

“I don’t understand why the players didn’t play well for the last manager.”

A month later...

“So did they get rid of that new manager who was winning all the time?”

“Well, no there’s a number of things not worki...”

“I don’t know why you don’t support someone else.”

That conversation and the “What they won/drew/lost didn’t they? What else is there for you lot to talk about?” are favourites of mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think Bruce will be cut loose B) if we go up. Unless we barnstorm the rest of the season. What bigger name managers might be available do you think?

Claudio Ranieri. "Slowly, slowly." Could be the man to win us the Premier League, afterall, he did it with the Foxes.

Known as the tinkerman for a reason, and we have a very deep squad, riddled with talent, perfect for tinkering.

Then there is Benitez. I doubt there is a bigger name, more easily attainable. I imagine Villa would be a bigger prospect than continuing to work with Newcastle.

I'm quite happy for Bruce to rise to the occassion though. It's an unknown what he can do at a club of our size, with an owner of our backing.

37 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is almost exactly my predicament; been with my gf, now wife, since 2009... just before the wheels came off! She doesn’t understand why I’m happy at weekends now, as it’s not something she’s ever known.

Crazy. I met my now wife early 2010 around the time we were in the league cup final and the FA cup semi final. Ever since we got together we have been shit. She could never understand why I supported Villa. I have to remind her how good we have been in the past and of the good times. Only now is she actually impressed by them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Crazy. I met my now wife early 2010 around the time we were in the league cup final and the FA cup semi final. Ever since we got together we have been shit. She could never understand why I supported Villa. I have to remind her how good we have been in the past and of the good times. Only now is she actually impressed by them.

You're from London right? Why on earth did you chose Villa?

edit: I got married in 2010-11 season. (Houllier). Yes all downhill from there, and then there was the Villa. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Have you thought of getting another wife?:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When I talk to my wife about this she doesn't understand either. How I have gone from being angry each weekend to happy and enjoying football again.

We ended our last discussion with me saying

"Look love, you are in the same boat as Kate Middleton. You and Kate. The same."

Which seemed to make everyone happy :) 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

When I talk to my wife about this she doesn't understand either. How I have gone from being angry each weekend to happy and enjoying football again.

"Look love, you are in the same boat as Kate Middleton. You and Kate. The same."

you prince charming:)

ps my Mrs sits next to me.....Mine has lost weight in the last few weeks......every goal I have squeezed the life out of her.:D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I reckon I prefer Meghan Markle to Kate now... just a bit dirtier in the sack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Been with my wife since 2010 , all she has known is weekends of me pissed off and shouting at dodgy streams on a saturday afternoon .I have also had the ''why don't you support another team '' comment 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean this in as a genuine question - what's the point in that? 

I remember people saying it last season when we won 7 from 8 or whatever it was, around February/March time. The logic was that 'we' would end up heartbroken when we didn't off a miracle. 

Well I'm still here, still loving life. I didn't top myself, I got over it, just as I did multiple other painful moments as a fan. 

If I can't get excited now I'm not sure when I can. 

Scared they're gunna break my heart... **Runs aways crying on the corner 

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

I've gone back to the spreadsheet of doom.

3 scenarios

Realistic - we finish on 86 points

Optimistic - we finish on 90 points

Pessimistic - we finish on 78 

86 points, Realistic? If we keep our current form yes. But we need 2 points a game, (87points) I say that is a bit optimistic. Do we have 2 points a game for the last 10 games, even with the last five wins? Think 30 points, 1,76 points pr game, is realistic. 

Guess the points needed for 2nd 'll be less than 86. 

22 hours ago, Hornso said:

Afobe back to Wolves too.

22 hours ago, omariqy said:

That will win them the league.

22 hours ago, TRO said:

I thought they had won it:D

He meant The Champions League :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Been with my wife since 2010 , all she has known is weekends of me pissed off and shouting at dodgy streams on a saturday afternoon .I have also had the ''why don't you support another team '' comment 

I got married in 1976.....so my Mrs thought I was some decision maker.....:)

in the recent past , as you know, it has not being so good for Villa, so I bought her a season ticket as punishment for moaning at me......she sits next to me and doesn't have to second guess my mood anymore...It has been a competition as to who can be the grumpiest old fart.:P

back on topic......promotion here we come.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, villa82 said:

86 points, Realistic? If we keep our current form yes. But we need 2 points a game, (87points) I say that is a bit optimistic. Do we have 2 points a game for the last 10 games, even with the last five wins? Think 30 points, 1,76 points pr game, is realistic. 

Errr - we have 52 points from the last 26 games!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

If we continue our PPG of the season so far (1.82) we would end up on 84 points. 

You think 86 is unrealistic?

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You're from London right? Why on earth did you chose Villa?

edit: I got married in 2010-11 season. (Houllier). Yes all downhill from there, and then there was the Villa. 

Nope Birmingham born and moved to Leamington when I was 8. Only moved to London for work and just moved back to Leamington. There you go there's my life story.

My dad supported Villa. Just glad he didn't have to see us get relegated in 2016.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1