17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Superb thanks Bolton!! I think bristol will be out the play offs in mext few weeks and boro will replace them. This is a very bad result for them. If cardoff lose lets hope, and we win there is a bit of a gap between top 3 and rest forming 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Superb thanks Bolton!! I think bristol will be out the play offs in mext few weeks and boro will replace them. This is a very bad result for them. If cardoff lose lets hope, and we win there is a bit of a gap between top 3 and rest forming 

Wasnt so long ago when Bristol were in the break away group.  Things change quickly down here.

• Like 1

Very damaging result for Bristol.....goes to show the bottom teams are fighting for their lives.

Good result for us, but we need to capitalise.....Burton won't be easy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dnmacf said:

So this is what the next 3 months are going to be. Willing each and every other team in the championship to win to suit our needs! Already feels like hard work. Come on Bolton!

Not necessarily.  Bolton winning is a bonus yes but it's not like last year when we would be awful and get beat and then willing other teams to do us favours we didn't deserve.  Hated that. We are doing it for ourselves at the minute though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Very damaging result for Bristol.....goes to show the bottom teams are fighting for their lives.

Good result for us, but we need to capitalise.....Burton won't be easy.

Yes, The hectic christmas period and as mighty as their league cup run was it has really started to catch up with them now and they are slowly dropping points.

Tomorrow's opponents shouldn't be taken for granted by any means and I hope we do not treat the game nonchalantly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes, The hectic christmas period and as mighty as their league cup run was it has really started to catch up with them now and they are slowly dropping points.

Tomorrow's opponents shouldn't be taken for granted by any means and I hope we do not treat the game nonchalantly.

This is where experience in a manager is paramount.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Mentioned this in the match thread. I think JT being in the team will be a big factor on making sure the players are focused and do not think they can just turn up. He was missing against Millwall. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Just looking at the table, both Hull and Sunderland are now in the bottom three. Both obviously came down last season.

Admittedly Newcastle bounced straight back, and Middlesbrough are in the play off hunt this season, but I am beginning to look at our last season with a little more leniency.

Although we ended up drossing around in mid table, we had a huge squad overall and really did stop the rot. It obviously very easily could have got even worse.

Of the 6 teams that went down in the past 2 seasons, Newcastle was the only out and out success, winning the league at the first attempt. We're probably the next best (depending how Boro do this season). Norwich have been wallowing in midtable obscurity for 2 seasons now. And Hull and Sunderland have been absolute dumpster fires. It's actually really impressive what we're doing given how far the rot went for us. We were rotten to the core. To transform that in 1 season and become genuine automatic promotion contenders is impressive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

This is where experience in a manager is paramount.

I think all of the management and coaching team is near enough perfect to what Bruce could ask for, I dare say now allowing him to focus on the team more overall.

The performances, results & togetherness are really telling and also having near enough a full squad of players at disposal is just wonderful with 17 to play.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1