17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

13 hours ago, villarocker said:

F**k the play-offs, this team is going up automatically. At no point did I think Villa would concede tonight. Signing John Terry was a masterstroke because that defence looks impenetrable. 

Derby are bottlers. Richard Keogh is shite and will bottle it again. 

The challenge will be too much for Warnock to take and without him Cardiff will be a bag of shite! 

Bristol City will fade away, as will Sheffield United, Preston and Leeds. 'Boro are crap and won't do any good - maybe scrape the play-offs. Fulham are on a run but main man Cairney wants away so that might mess his head up for the run in. 

Villa are the real deal. I wasn't convinced but Bruce is making me eat my words. The turning point for me was the Forest away game where they told that stat about not losing a game we took the lead in since last February. 

Premier League here we come! :flag:

It didnt look impenetrable the first 10 minutes yesterday and thankfully the crossbar saved us, It could have been much worse start than we got.

3 hours ago, JuanCrablo24 said:

Derby have Brentford, Norwich and Leeds next three games. They will definitely drop a few points.

hopefully all going right we should be ahead of them by then.

We will drop points against Fulham so we definitely need to be looking at winning the other two. I am glad we are getting the blosers out the way early as there would be more pressure if it was towards the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We will drop points against Fulham so we definitely need to be looking at winning the other two. I am glad we are getting the blosers out the way early as there would be more pressure if it was towards the end of the season. 

Can’t be sure we will drop points against Fulham - yes it’s a hard game but we are capable of winning it .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can’t be sure we will drop points against Fulham - yes it’s a hard game but we are capable of winning it .

Normally I agree but we have a poor record against them and they are really in form. id be happy with a point if offered now 

Been replaying the Snodgrass goal in my head all day so far. Could be an absolutely huge moment. It will give us reason to keep pushing till the very end of every game, it will give us belief we can always pull something out of the bag. It put us on to 5 wins in 5, 1 point away from second, so many things.

It turned a scrapped for point into an away mugging and 3 points, just so good for it to be us doing the mugging. 

We have to play Fulham, Cardiff, Leeds and Derby still. Cardiff, Leeds and Derby at Villa park. If we win those as part of 12 or 13 wins from now till the end of the season we should do it, even if we lose away at Fulham. We could lose that, lose against Wolves and another couple as long as we beat all our direct rivals at home and only lose 1 or 2 at home from now till the end of the season. Chuck in 3 or 4 away wins and we're there.

Massive ask, easy to think we are suddenly invincible after winning 5 in 5 but the above is a huge task still. The only reason I think we can do it is we've added some good attacking football when in possession to the already excellent work without the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Normally I agree but we have a poor record against them and they are really in form. id be happy with a point if offered now 

yeah they are the other form team of this division, I'd gladly take a point now.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We have won 5 in a row - we are on form too and it’s about now not previous years ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Been replaying the Snodgrass goal in my head all day so far. Could be an absolutely huge moment. It will give us reason to keep pushing till the very end of every game, it will give us belief we can always pull something out of the bag. It put us on to 5 wins in 5, 1 point away from second, so many things.

It turned a scrapped for point into an away mugging and 3 points, just so good for it to be us doing the mugging. 

We have to play Fulham, Cardiff, Leeds and Derby still. Cardiff, Leeds and Derby at Villa park. If we win those as part of 12 or 13 wins from now till the end of the season we should do it, even if we lose away at Fulham. We could lose that, lose against Wolves and another couple as long as we beat all our direct rivals at home and only lose 1 or 2 at home from now till the end of the season. Chuck in 3 or 4 away wins and we're there.

Massive ask, easy to think we are suddenly invincible after winning 5 in 5 but the above is a huge task still. The only reason I think we can do it is we've added some good attacking football when in possession to the already excellent work without the ball.

I think that goal could be our "Leicester moment" the game where it all changed and made us put pressure on 2nd and maybe 1st 

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

For me we are in prime position - yes we a point behind derby but we have a better run in that our opponents and a stronger squad - it’s very much in our hands now to achieve .

• Like 1

@omariqy Here's what I think you want.  If I've left any out (I'm sure you'll ...) let me know :)

The top 6 against each other
743eca4f77e5de499c8d7e6e1984c6db.png

The top half versus each other
5f50572754554216069393447b90cca2.png

The top half versus the bottom half
8ceb899387cb49193edc2e6a279d7546.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

@omariqy Here's what I think you want.  If I've left any out (I'm sure you'll ...) let me know :)

The top 6 against each other
743eca4f77e5de499c8d7e6e1984c6db.png

The top half versus each other
5f50572754554216069393447b90cca2.png

The top half versus the bottom half
8ceb899387cb49193edc2e6a279d7546.png

Interesting although in that top 6 caption it’s worth remembering we have played all but Fulham away .

So with most to come to villa park we should move up that table  hopefully

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting although in that top 6 caption it’s worth remembering we have played all but Fulham away.

Correct, here is the top 6 versus each other at home and away.

AT HOME against the other top 6
623eaa6a973bd90db1a29909d23270c0.png

AWAY from home against the other top 6.
62a07ef1689ddf12f5d52edeb0ada140.png

Edit : Flum home to Villa smells like a draw ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Let your hair down and have a drink you old rascal - confidence is high ;)

all 2mm of it.....off to the "farthings" later.:D

but your right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Which ones do you want?

Hi Bof,

Previously (in Mon yrs)you had a spreadsheet which highlighted differnce between two seasons.

In the run up to the end of this season i think it would be interesting to compare the first half of this season (ie first 23 games) to the on going second half season games.

I reckon we are 5 points better off in the six games to date against the results of the first half season.

hope that all makes sense. BTW i appreciate it must be a lot of work.

Cheers