Sat Jan 6     FAC 3 Blackburn Rovers Away Drew 2-2  
Wed Jan 10     FAC 3 replay Blackburn Rovers Home Won 3-1  
Sat Jan 13     Division 1 Charlton Athletic Away Won 2-0  
Sat Jan 20     Division 1 Southampton Home Won 2-1  
Sat Jan 27     FAC 4 Port Vale Home Won 6-0  
Sat Feb 10     Division 1 Sheffield Wednesday Home Won 1-0  
Sat Feb 17     FAC 5 West Bromwich Albion Away Won 2-0  
Wed Feb 21     Division 1 Tottenham Hotspur Away Won 2-0

I most definitely dont want play offs for starters we always seen to bottle it in cup finals and I just think they will struggle under the pressure.

i think we need to be targeting 2nd 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alexbass08 said:

Anyone else looking at April thinking that could be a very difficult month? I'm not overly concerned with Norwich or Ipswich but Cardiff down to Derby looks tough, looks like if we we're going to falter it'll be then.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 14.35.28.png

If we don't get the results we need from those games then we don't deserve to go up automatically. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alexbass08 said:

Anyone else looking at April thinking that could be a very difficult month? I'm not overly concerned with Norwich or Ipswich but Cardiff down to Derby looks tough, looks like if we we're going to falter it'll be then.

I'm hoping there is a gap between us and third by the team we get to those games. 

46 minutes ago, Alexbass08 said:

Hopefully be then Leeds might be midtable and not close to play offs so wont take it as seriously. the Cardiff game is huge 

4 at Home and 2 away it will be in our own hands 

Edited by Demitri_C

There's a long, long way to go in this season still. I think priority number one is to secure a playoff spot - we're by no means guaranteed one of those at this point. Of course I want to push on and go for one of the top two spots, but first lets get a good sized gap between us and seventh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a long, long way to go in this season still. I think priority number one is to secure a playoff spot - we're by no means guaranteed one of those at this point. Of course I want to push on and go for one of the top two spots, but first lets get a good sized gap between us and seventh.

And I'm sure you agree that the best way to do that is by aiming for automatic promotion. 

To be honest I hadn't even looked at 7th for over a month. Surprised it's a 7 point gap. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And I'm sure you agree that the best way to do that is by aiming for automatic promotion. 

To be honest I hadn't even looked at 7th for over a month. Surprised it's a 7 point gap. 

Absolutely.  Never bought into the "its the best way to go up, the excitement of the playoffs " thing. I'd much prefer villa to go up the boring way if that's what it is. Ask sheffield wednesday how they feel about the excitement of the playoffs. 

I'm not counting any chickens yet. I'm hopeful we can finish second. I don't think we can discount finishing seventh; there's a long way to go.

In six or seven games time when we start to get into the last ten games of the season, we'll have a clearer idea of where we are. The Championship is strange and there are still thirteen teams who will think they've got a chance of going up. We've got a great chance, but it's a bit early to start thinking about exactly how things will finish. I'd love to finish second, hopefully in a month or two's time we'll be in a position where it's a real possibility.

• Like 3