17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Do we really want to go back to experimenting with formations? If I remember correctly that didn't exactly make us a success story in the past. We suck, but at least we're grinding out results. I sure as shit think someone else could do a better job, but here we are and even though we're not brilliant we're not the worst either. I'm sick of the blame game, the manager doesn't make the earth spin. I'm sure most of us have played sports ourselves and on some days everything we do is gold, other days we suck. Will we go up this year? It's possible. That'll work for me because in these past couple of years we've been utter gash and at least now we actually stand a chance of accomplishing our goals. I'm sure we'd all love a little less uncertainty, but at the same time that's what makes watching this beautiful game exciting. Have faith or don't. Whatever works for you.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, KSV said:

Hogan is back. Use him. Put Grealish Adomah and Snoddy around him. Players who can understand and spot his runs. Even O'hare. We need to be braver with team selections. 

Indeed, might force us into a different game, and make us less predictable.

As it seems the new opposition strategy is starve Davis.

Obviously not helped by our pass to the opposition every now and then power move.

We have to use the squad otherwise we will capitulate. Cardiff have a very easy run of games coming up and we need to keep in touching distance. If we have a good 4 weeks we might be right up there as all of Derby, Bristol, Boro, Sheff United would have lost ground (i.e. against us).

It will be interesting once we have everyone back and fit again giving us a selection headache.

Johnstone

Bree Terry Chester Hutton

Jedinak

Hourihane     Whelan

Admomah                Grealish

Kodja/New striker

Steer, Samba, Snodgrass, Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, Davis.  

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It will be interesting once we have everyone back and fit again giving us a selection headache.

Johnstone

Jedinak

Hourihane     Whelan

Kodja/New striker

Ok formation, but no way I would have Whelan in that position. I havent seen anything from him to warrant a position as a CM, he is not creative enough to occupy that role. I know some of you guys isnt that warming to Lansbury but at least he offers more threat than Whelan does. 

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Johnstone

Jedinak

Hourihane     Whelan

Kodja/New striker

Why would Hutton play at left back & where has Bree come from ahead of Elmo & Hutton at right back?

Again why would Adomah move back to the right after being our best player of the season on the left, with Snodgrass being benched.

Very strange... are you Eric Black in disguise? :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Why would Hutton play at left back & where has Bree come from ahead of Elmo & Hutton at right back?

Again why would Adomah move back to the right after being our best player of the season on the left, with Snodgrass being benched.

Very strange... are you Eric Black in disguise? :ph34r:

Oh shit, you mean we are not sticking to the Steve Bruce method anymore?  :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

None of our games have been picked for TV for Jan and Feb. Maybe a positive for attendances and going about our business out the limelight. 

I am happy about this although not showing the 2nd city derby again at villa park is a bloody joke. I guarantee they will show the Fulham and Sheff Wed away games (both we lost at last season)

Including the Sheff United game we have only been featured at home THREE times all season

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am happy about this although not showing the 2nd city derby again at villa park is a bloody joke. I guarantee they will show the Fulham and Sheff Wed away games (both we lost at last season)

Including the Sheff United game we have only been featured at home THREE times all season

Chances for higher viewing figures when we're away from home, I don't actually think there's much in it beyond that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Chances for higher viewing figures when we're away from home, I don't actually think there's much in it beyond that.

If that was the case they would show more Leeds games away from home and they haven't.I also find it a bit of coincidence they showed preston, wolves, leeds, bristol city and then showing brentford and forest away later on (all games we lost last season)

too much of coincidence for me i am afraid and 2nd year they pick up even less home games 

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why would Sky be scheduling games in the hope that we'll lose them?

I don't really get this theory at all. 

They have been on here....:D

just kidding.

Edited by TRO

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can you explain then why all the games chosen are all the ones we lost last year? Coincidence?

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This time last year we was on virtually every game over Xmas when we were losing. I think it’s the fact our games aren’t that good to watch and they learnt their lesson more than them wanting to show us lose.  

On 12/12/2017 at 08:39, TRO said:

Do you know......in an hypothetical sense i would like steve Bruce to go on gardening leave and let another manager take over.....

It would very, very interesting to see the posts on here, if in fact it made no difference to our performances and results.

where on earth would to put the blame.:mellow:

personally, if we didn't perform, i would continue to put the blame where it belonged.  Thanks for asking.   :D

• Like 1