17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 12/12/2017 at 15:39, TRO said:

Do you know......in an hypothetical sense i would like steve Bruce to go on gardening leave and let another manager take over.....

It would very, very interesting to see the posts on here, if in fact it made no difference to our performances and results.

where on earth would to put the blame.:mellow:

The ONLY problem that is certain if and when we sack Bruce and appoint a new manager is:

It‘ll take longer and longer to un-install the Shit programming that Bruce installed in our play and players the longer he is here.

42 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So basically if we get a new manager and he doesn't do well, that's Bruce's fault as well? :D

Well, I've been told on here, that the reason Bruce has taken so long to get us turned around is because he inherited a mess of a club and roster..... so we blame multiple others (RDM, Lerner, Garde, the list is long) when Bruce doesn't do well.  Wouldn't it just be fair to blame Bruce and the lack of tactical nous he has instilled, for some of the problems the next guy faces when he tries to get these players (who are also blamed for our poor performances) to play some flowing football (that they are obviously incapable of doing).

So, in answer to your question, "if supporters of Steve Bruce want to be consistent.... Yes."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So basically if we get a new manager and he doesn't do well, that's Bruce's fault as well? :D

I get what you mean.

However the irony is that, one of the biggest go to excuses on here for Bruce is:

"Do you know how bad we have been for years?"

"It takes time to undo all the damage that has been done"

And the list goes on.

Essentially saying we are not where we should be yet because of past regimes and management.

So if we are playing that card, it has to be used both ways, or not at all. ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

see the sensible replies from

@srsmithusa & @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

But I do get the irony even if the 3 „Like, Thanks & Haha“ didnt

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just noticed we are playing Bristol City on new years day at 5.30 while everyone else is playing at 3pm and the game is not on TV. Why the hell is this? 

Because watching Villa is enough to give anyone a headache. Its the last thing you need when nursing a new years eve hangover. 

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just noticed we are playing Bristol City on new years day at 5.30 while everyone else is playing at 3pm and the game is not on TV. Why the hell is this? 

In the premier you get controlled by sky..........in the championship its radio WM!

On 12/11/2017 at 17:18, bannedfromHandV said:

It seems unlikely on face value but if you break that 20 points down:

5 defeats

5 draws

It actually wouldn't be too dissimilar to our form over the past few months......I think.....

edit - not saying that I think we'll manage this by the way

Bad maths!

5 defeats = 15 points dropped

5 draws = 10 points dropped

Thats 25 lost points not 20

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Well, I've been told on here, that the reason Bruce has taken so long to get us turned around is because he inherited a mess of a club and roster..... so we blame multiple others (RDM, Lerner, Garde, the list is long) when Bruce doesn't do well.  Wouldn't it just be fair to blame Bruce and the lack of tactical nous he has instilled, for some of the problems the next guy faces when he tries to get these players (who are also blamed for our poor performances) to play some flowing football (that they are obviously incapable of doing).

So, in answer to your question, "if supporters of Steve Bruce want to be consistent.... Yes."

I mean, one fairly obvious difference is that a manager replacing Bruce now would be inheriting a team on the edge of the playoffs, while Bruce inherited a team on the edge of the relegation zone. 

So I don't think it's really plausible to argue that the club is the same degree of 'mess' as when he took over. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, one fairly obvious difference is that a manager replacing Bruce now would be inheriting a team on the edge of the playoffs, while Bruce inherited a team on the edge of the relegation zone. 

So I don't think it's really plausible to argue that the club is the same degree of 'mess' as when he took over. 

Indeed, you'd expect a new manager to continue the progress. 

Didnt Watford have 3 different managers the season they got promoted? 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Indeed, you'd expect a new manager to continue the progress. 

Didnt Watford have 3 different managers the season they got promoted? 

I wouldn't 'expect' anything. There's an awful lot of people on this site who seem to find it unthinkable that we might sack Bruce and then perform worse, with worse results. 

I'd 'hope' a new manager would continue the progress, not 'expect' it. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's because Bristol play late on the Saturday and there has to be 48 hours between games.

Edited by markavfc40

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It's because Bristol play late on the Saturday and there has to be 48 hours between games.

Ah I see thanks Mark, abit annoying as we would know the results before hand and we always seem to blow it when we have an advantage to close the gap 

• Like 1