17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

The only team I fear is ourselves. We are so inconsistent. Smash Wolves then lose to QPR and Bolton. Play Reading off the park, then lose to Norwich etc. You just don't know which Villa will turn up on the day.

Which is why I'm not even fully confident about tonight, let alone the final. All I know is that if we play to our potential, we shouldn't fear anyone...not even Fulhalona.

Agree, im not that confident of going up, as you never know what Villa turns up.  I still think we will make the final. In saying that Villa are totally different side at home which is a positive.  The hammering of Wovles for example.

getting a bit nervous now. few more hours and then it's all on us to give a convincing display, win this tie and never look back. let's show boro what we're made out of. last home turf game of the season. may the park roar!

Hearing all talk the last few days of what boro goin to do. I want them to come out tonight thinking what the **** is going on here. Manic controlled aggression. Manic intensity. We dont let up. Not for the first 5 minutes. Every **** minute of the game.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

in fairness in the cold light of day, i'm sure they would take those comments back if they could

Maybe maybe not. The FA certainly didn’t calm down in the cold light of day yet regularly take no action for other similar incursions - none of which even had a man with a dildo on his head !

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

ecb8ac8fb31816e9f30b3ea0dbeaeab4--bingo-

Left to right:

@TRO @NurembergVillan @Xela

What a forward line....reminds me of " Best ,Law & Charlton"

you can see why she, (in the middle) is the centre forward......squashed her hat heading the ball.?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Hearing all talk the last few days of what boro goin to do. I want them to come out tonight thinking what the **** is going on here. Manic controlled aggression. Manic intensity. We dont let up. Not for the first 5 minutes. Every **** minute of the game.

Stolen from Paul O'Connell

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I fully expect you to get through tonight's tie.

I predicted 2-0 Fulham last night too, so I clearly know what I'm talking about ;) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Need to play much better at Wembley, but at least we are there. UTV.

It'll be much the same. Fulham are superior technical side to Boro. We will try and get them on counters and corners. 

• Like 1

Say what you want about the game plan but we have demonstrated to Fulham that it will be difficult to score against us. Now it's all about how we can hurt them and to be fair tonight we could have had at least one. Got a sneaky feeling that man love at the end has given Kodjia the horn, the goals horn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Congratulations chaps. 

My god Boro were awful though. 

Looking forward to the final. 

Cheers mate! Nearly had a heartattack when the ball struck the crossbar. Gotta have some luck with the margins, but overall I think we deserved it.

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Say what you want about the game plan but we have demonstrated to Fulham that it will be difficult to score against us. Now it's all about how we can hurt them and to be fair tonight we could have had at least one. Got a sneaky feeling that man love at the end has given Kodjia the horn, the goals horn. 

That's funny! I said to my Dad, before he came onto the pitch, that Kodjia will score the goal that sends Villa up. His goals kept us up last season - his goal will send us up this season!

Mitrovic is my biggest concern. Jedi will destroy and eat Cairney. Whoever plays right back will own Sessegnon. Fredericks will run into Hutton and break himself. Mitrovic is the only one of their players that frightens me. He's big, ugly, aggressive and puts himself about. Terry has to own him from the first minute to nullify him holding up the ball and bringing others into play. If Terry does that, he's a Premier League Captain again. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 4