17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Welcome. Considering your home attendances, do you think you will sell out your allocation ?

Thats a mighty subtle approach to get one( a ticket).?

10/10 for ingenuity.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Well, you know how these things go, I'm sure we still have enough part time fans who will come out of the woodwork for a Wembley final.

As I've always said to people who knock our home support, you try spending 30 years in the lower divisions and see what happens to your support. Especially in London, where there are so many glamorous alternatives for the pot hunters. Including the other team in SW6.

A lot of our older fans have died off, and I can remember trying to convince my son that our family have always been Fulham fans and that he too must be one, at the time we were dire.

In  a way we were lucky that Al Fayed came along, and we got those 14 years in the Premiership, it helped us to attract new young fans, because without Chairman Alf, who knows what would have happened.

I'm not going to invade your board with posts, but I look at it this way. If Aston Villa don't do it this year, they'll almost certainly do it next year or the year after, they're too big a club to spend much time in the championship.

On the other hand, if Fulham don't do it now, we could very easily lose our best players, in fact it's almost certain to happen, we could get relegated next year.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Well, you know how these things go, I'm sure we still have enough part time fans who will come out of the woodwork for a Wembley final.

As I've always said to people who knock our home support, you try spending 30 years in the lower divisions and see what happens to your support. Especially in London, where there are so many glamorous alternatives for the pot hunters. Including the other team in SW6.

A lot of our older fans have died off, and I can remember trying to convince my son that our family have always been Fulham fans and that he too must be one, at the time we were dire.

In  a way we were lucky that Al Fayed came along, and we got those 14 years in the Premiership, it helped us to attract new young fans, because without Chairman Alf, who knows what would have happened.

I'm not going to invade your board with posts, but I look at it this way. If Aston Villa don't do it this year, they'll almost certainly do it next year or the year after, they're too big a club to spend much time in the championship.

On the other hand, if Fulham don't do it now, we could very easily lose our best players, in fact it's almost certain to happen, we could get relegated next year.

Could we swap McCormack for Sessegnon when the window opens tomorrow?   We'll chuck in Micah Richards as well.  

4 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

McCormack was excellent for us, no idea what happened there.

Think downloading the Wetherspoons app on his smartphone may have been his downfall mate ;)

25 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Love the cottage, I used to go and sit in the neutral section after work sometimes for midweek games and watch you lot. Worked down the river from there for a few years. Just the idea of a ground having a neutral section speaks volumes if you ask me.

Not sure we have a divine right to get back to the top flight. Plenty of big clubs have slid off the map in the past, this summer is huge for us regardless of promotion. It's a rebuild in either case, and that's risky to gel in time to stay up, or to try and get out the championship.

I don't expect us to outplay you lot at Wembley, but we might win all the same.

• Like 1

Yeh I can understand that, I'm not going to be too concerned going into the game, Fulham are really playing well, but I won't exactly fall off my chair if you guys win 3-0 either.

We were the only team Sunderland could beat at home when they were losing to absolutely everybody. We had the Brentford match sewn up when we let them get a goal back with 3 seconds left to play.

We totally bottled the second half against QPR, and we were arsehole lucky to go in level against Millwall at half time.

We can play some great stuff, but we can be very nervy too, none of us will know until the day.

I'm sorry, but I can't wish you all good luck, what sort of Fulham fan would that make me?

39 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

I think we all run the risk of losing our best players if we fail to go up......For us there is no time , like the present its a good time for us to go up after a very bad time to go down.

Craven Cottage is one of my favourite away trips.....Great pubs and a leisurely stroll amongst the Thames.

May the best team win on the day.

US...Oops and I was doing so well?

Ps couldn't resist leaving the typo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

Yeh I can understand that, I'm not going to be too concerned going into the game, Fulham are really playing well, but I won't exactly fall off my chair if you guys win 3-0 either.

We were the only team Sunderland could beat at home when they were losing to absolutely everybody. We had the Brentford match sewn up when we let them get a goal back with 3 seconds left to play.

We totally bottled the second half against QPR, and we were arsehole lucky to go in level against Millwall at half time.

We can play some great stuff, but we can be very nervy too, none of us will know until the day.

I'm sorry, but I can't wish you all good luck, what sort of Fulham fan would that make me?

A nice one?

10 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

May be naiive but i am less worried about Fulham than I was Middlesborough. By having Hutton velcroed to Traore (who, despite everyones mocking of, I would take back at Villa in a heartbeat), we werent playing our natural game.

Same. Lets face it we double marked him out of the game at times. Bruce correctly identified him as their only threat and treated him like Messi. Having a player like that in your side who the opposition simply cannot afford to ignore is a huge plus. I would love to have him back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Duck Of Death said:

I don't necessarily see that happening.

I'm hoping you will do us a favour and give us the win, then go on to smash the League next year to go up automatically.

If you keep your manager and main players there is no reason it shouldn't happen (If we win).

Have to say I'll miss the championship if we get promoted. It's been a rollercoaster but it's been amazing to see the team grow and gel together. 

Always find it a strange scenario that players bust a gut to go up and many of them won't be taking the next step. 

• Like 1

I've loved the championship this season and being at the business end. My reasons for wanting to go up are the squad. We have a great group currently who have integrated themselves with the fan base better than most before them and seem to have a brilliant team bond. 

That being said, when I take my claret tinted glasses off, how many are gonna stay if we go up? How many are PL quality? 

Either way, the 26th is likely the last game with this group. ?

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 1

We've a number of players who have played at Wembley, unless I am wrong with some.

Hutton, Taylor (Swansea?), Elmo (Hull?), Terry, Chester (Hull?), Grealish, Hourihane (league 1 play off?), Jedinak (Palace FA cup final), Snodgrass. Probably more too.

13 minutes ago, Dick said:

We've a number of players who have played at Wembley, unless I am wrong with some.

Hutton, Taylor (Swansea?), Elmo (Hull?), Terry, Chester (Hull?), Grealish, Hourihane (league 1 play off?), Jedinak (Palace FA cup final), Snodgrass. Probably more too.

I think you’re right with all, and what’s more they all won... I think.

Hourihane has won there twice, league 1 play off and Johnson’s Paint Trophy. Elmo won there, Terry won there more than once, Jedi won there, Snoddy won, Grealish and Hutton too... only one I’m not sure about is Taylor at Swansea.

• Like 1