17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Tonight an example of why some people were slightly concerned (Not unnecessarily moaning) about our inability to score more goals in our first leg.

Didn't get to see the game tonight, but not surprised at the result.

One goal can quickly become meaningless in football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tonight an example of why some people were slightly concerned (Not unnecessarily moaning) about our inability to score more goals in our first leg.

We are not home and dry by any means.....We still have a job to do.

I think we will do it.

My worry is up front.....I think we have gone off the boil with the front men.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yes you are right......but ours was away from home.

any win away.....is all you can reasonably ask.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We are not home and dry by any means.....We still have a job to do.

I think we will do it.

My worry is up front.....I think we have gone off the boil with the front men.

Grabban has 4 goals in his last 5 appearances (4 starts)

He was poor in the last game but premature to say we have gone off the boil IMO

• Like 3

People need to remember that the likes of Sessegnon, Targett, Frederick's and Cairney are relatively young. They may well freeze playing in front of around 80,000 at Wembley. We have quite a few players that have been there before so won't be so struck by fear - if they get there!

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do not subscribe to the pundits that Fulham were magnificent......They did ok and the first goal changed the game.

Derby were a shadow of the team that won the other night......Tom Lawrence was not "at it" at all, like he was Friday night, very disappointing display from him.....Mitrovic turned the tables on Davies.

Derby lacked the composure that seen them through on Friday......no great performances tonight, sorry TV pundits.

The thing that worries me most about Fulham is the pace at which they break on you. Jedinak, Terry, Chester, Elmo, Hourihane are not the quickest. However, I believe that our quality up front is better than Derby's and would cause them more problems. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Grabban has 4 goals in his last 5 appearances (4 starts)

He was poor in the last game but premature to say we have gone off the boil IMO

fair enough.....but we still have Albert & Kodjia.

I know Kodj is returning from injury, so I have to cut him some slack, but he looks flat to me......Albert looks like his confidence has drained.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The thing that worries me most about Fulham is the pace at which they break on you. Jedinak, Terry, Chester, Elmo, Hourihane are not the quickest. However, I believe that our quality up front is better than Derby's and would cause them more problems. 

No one is quicker than Traore......but we did a job on him.

thats what you have to do.

wisdom and keogh tonight was shocking the way they dealt with sessegnon.

players have to do their jobs....they didn't ....Sessegnon did, ( well, with the finish)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one is quicker than Traore......but we did a job on him.

thats what you have to do.

wisdom and keogh tonight was shocking the way they dealt with sessegnon.

players have to do their jobs....they didn't ....Sessegnon did, ( well, with the finish)

And I don’t know if you know this,but he’s only 17.......

But seriously....

Ive not seen Fulham hurt us with pacevso far this season and don’t anticipate them doing so if we get to Wembley.......I share the concern that there’s just a sign or two that we’ve lost an edge up top. On the other hand @DCJonahsays Grabbans hardly in a rut. 

Oh,and yes, their defending was woeful - maybe Rowett is another flawed Manager after all, three at the back being pointed to as a possible cause.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

And I don’t know if you know this,but he’s only 17.......

But seriously....

Ive not seen Fulham hurt us with pacevso far this season and don’t anticipate them doing so if we get to Wembley.......I share the concern that there’s just a sign or two that we’ve lost an edge up top. On the other hand @DCJonahsays Grabbans hardly in a rut. 

I have my Birthday Card ready for the poor Lamb.... for Friday.

Bet mine is the only one, such is his starvation of attention.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

While I would've preferred to play Derby in the final, I don't think this will make as much difference as people think. If Derby had beaten Fulham over two legs that wouldn't been almost as tough a game anyway. If we turn up on the day, we can beat Fulham.

This is assuming we make it to the final of course.

Fulham’s first trip to Wembley in 43 yrs - let’s hope nerves play a part - we have the experience - it’s all to play for .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1