17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Hopefully the pressure of a big Wembley occasion will affect Fulham - only 2 weeks ago they blew a golden chance to go up by being turned over by blues so the pressure can affect them - they haven’t been to Wembley for 43 years whereas many of our players have experienced Wembley finals .

No doubt we will need to be at our best - bring it on !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I swear sessagnon plays lm?

defesnively I’ll be honest think boro are stronger but going forward Fulham are much stronger 

He plays LB and LM, think he started further back, but not 100% sure

@Eastie That could well come into play. 

I mean thanks to the FA Cup semi-final also taking place at Wembley this will be our third visit there in three years. 

Then factoring in this will be the third time for Grealish and second time for Hutton in three years. I can't imagine how many times Terry has been to Wembley as a player, but I am sure it's like home to him at this point.

I'm not saying it'll make a huge difference, but having players that will go to Wembley and see it as just another game may help ease the pressure a bit. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Had a nosey on their forum. They are absolutely convinced they will beat us comprehensively. Cited that when we beat them at VP this season they had no seesegnon and cairney played 10 mins coming back from injury..oh and mitrovic is gonna have terry in his pocket too.

That is strange, as the BBC report on the match suggests that R Sessegnon played in that match, unless the BBC were mistaken and it was his brother Steven playing? I went to that game and can't really remember to be honest. I just remember them being lucky to only lose 2-1, as Kodjia was rugby tackled in the penalty box in front of the Holte.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Had a nosey on their forum. They are absolutely convinced they will beat us comprehensively. Cited that when we beat them at VP this season they had no seesegnon and cairney played 10 mins coming back from injury..oh and mitrovic is gonna have terry in his pocket too.

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

That is strange, as the BBC report on the match suggests that R Sessegnon played in that match, unless the BBC were mistaken and it was his brother Steven playing? I went to that game and can't really remember to be honest. I just remember them being lucky to only lose 2-1, as Kodjia was rugby tackled in the penalty box in front of the Holte.

Sessegnon played a full 90 mins at VP. Cairney came on for 30 mins, not 10. FAKE NEWS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Just face it, Sessegnon didn't play against us earlier in the season and Steve Bruce has still never beaten Tony Pulis.

41 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Eastie That could well come into play. 

I mean thanks to the FA Cup semi-final also taking place at Wembley this will be our third visit there in three years. 

Then factoring in this will be the third time for Grealish and second time for Hutton in three years. I can't imagine how many times Terry has been to Wembley as a player, but I am sure it's like home to him at this point.

I'm not saying it'll make a huge difference, but having players that will go to Wembley and see it as just another game may help ease the pressure a bit. 

On top of this will Fulham even fill their allocation? Villa fans could make the atmosphere very one sided which could help. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hopefully the pressure of a big Wembley occasion will affect Fulham - only 2 weeks ago they blew a golden chance to go up by being turned over by blues so the pressure can affect them - they haven’t been to Wembley for 43 years whereas many of our players have experienced Wembley finals .

No doubt we will need to be at our best - bring it on !

Fulham have also never won at Wembley even in the days that they had the likes of Bobby Robson, Johnny Haynes, George Cohen, Bobby Moore, George Best and Rodney Marsh playing for them. ?

I’m happy for Fulham to be favourites too, Wolves were favourites when we beat them, Bristol City we’re favourites when we beat them, Cardiff were favourites when we beat them... I think we do well as underdogs :) 

its 50-50 as i see it.  Villa are not 5-2 which bookies are offering.  Over the 2 semi games villa were very organised and everyone was up for it (the best ive saw all season on both accounts).  To allow a team 2 shots on target over the two games is no mean feat in itself.  I think we could be peaking at just the right time.  

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Does anyone know the prize money you get for winning the Championship, finishing 2nd and winning the play offs. Just wondering how much you get for getting into PL 

They say the final is a 170 million pound game.  

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On top of this will Fulham even fill their allocation? Villa fans could make the atmosphere very one sided which could help. 

Id be surprised if they didnt.

We took somewhere between 40k and 45k for the JPT final in 2015, Fulham should manage their allocation for the Championship playoff final.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Sessegnon played a full 90 mins at VP. Cairney came on for 30 mins, not 10. FAKE NEWS!!!

Haha, It was one of the games I went to earlier in the season. I thought they played, so had to look it up as I was doubting myself as the memory isn’t what it used to be as I hit middle age!

33 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Id be surprised if they didnt.

We took somewhere between 40k and 45k for the JPT final in 2015, Fulham should manage their allocation for the Championship playoff final.

They should. But they didn’t fill craven cottage for second leg so who knows. 

5 minutes ago, The Duck Of Death said:

I was a bit worried that the admin on here might be a bit too restrictive, but I'm pleased that doesn't seem to be the case, so thank you for the welcome.

I'm a Fulham fan, and I have been all my life, I'm knocking on a bit now, and so I can remember watching the likes of George Cohen and Johnny Haynes playing for Fulham back in the 60's.

Very pleased we beat Derby, because we owed them from 1983 when their fans invaded the pitch when we needed one goal for promotion and the game didn't even last 90 minutes.

Who knows what will happen in next weeks game? obviously I'm hoping Fulham can win it, but as has already been pointed out, we never win anything, and we have a bad habit of messing things up in finals, or just with seconds to go, so it could easily go either way.

Am I confident? no I'm not, but I have seen Fulham play fantastically well this season, so if they do that next Saturday, you guys will have to perform very well.

Looking forward to it, as I'm sure you all are, but dreading it going tits up.

Welcome. Considering your home attendances, do you think you will sell out your allocation ?