17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

PettyThankfulEyas-size_restricted.gif

God I hate Mike Dean.

I'm surprised he doesn't come out walking down the touchline trying to give unwilling bystanders his autograph.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Judging by our luck if we are statistically superior in every way we're going to lose 

If we're bringing up statistics and the villa id be more worried about the striker on a 42 games without scoring streak cos you can bet your house on that shit 

I hate this gut feeling but, can't help but feel Derby are going to win the play-off this year.

Previous years have seen them crash badly at the semi final stage but this year they've looked down and out then found another gear just at the right time to pull two great results out of the bag. I think Fulham will be absolutely shellshocked at losing to Small Heathens and can see them being turned over by Derby. If that happens, Derby would go into the final with huge amounts of confidence and it wouldn't surprise me to see them win it from there. 

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. My hope is we get a comfortable win against Boro followed by a good win in the final. 

Edited by villarocker

If we give it our best shot and come up short I won't mind.  if we don't turn up then I will be pissed.

Lots can happen and all we can do is our bit as fans and roar them on.

It's exciting that is for sure!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It would be interesting to see the shift in mentality if we got derby in the final, from the majority dreading playing fulham to the majority being almost too confident vs derby

Nah Fulham will smash them then we will either lose/draw to boro or get through by the skin of our teeth and flop in the final and lose 0-3. Sorry to be a downer but this team have failed to give me any confidence when it matters. 

I daresay those miserable whingers at work who support Chelsea and have zero interest in Villa will now recall my words of earlier today: “It should be illegal for Huddersfield Town to be in the Premier League instead of Aston Villa.” 

That's certainly a valid viewpoint. I'll bank that for if we don't go up! Otherwise, going up via the playoffs is no shame, particularly this season which has been pretty tough. Clubs coming down aren't those that have just gone up... If you take out the top six the PL is pretty exciting / nail-biting. 

And the cash is good. 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Nah Fulham will smash them then we will either lose/draw to boro or get through by the skin of our teeth and flop in the final and lose 0-3. Sorry to be a downer but this team have failed to give me any confidence when it matters. 

We just finished 4th mate so how the team has given you no confidence at all i don't know. Try and enjoy it at least anyway, no need to be so negative! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

It may sound bad but up I am failing to get excited by the playoffs and the Premier League.

Why?  If we were good enough we should be top two, the Premier League is a ridiculous financially driven business with club breaking, over inflated transfers for mediocre players from overseas.  If we go up our u23s are done, if we stay in the championship they just may come through and be part of our future.  In the premier league we can strive for mid table obscurity whilst in the championship we can challenge near the top and rebuild the Club.  There are more big teams now in the championship than the premier league which is crazy and anyone can win it, as opposed to the premier league which safeguards the current elite under the parody that is FFP.

Its mad I know, but part of me actually enjoys the championship for the mixed bag of reasons above, even though we belong a step up.

So you want us to remain in the championship and be successful, but being in the championship and being successful means promotion which is a return to the premier league. This is a paradox.

I should add I've enjoyed it too.

Edited by dounavilla

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

God I hate Mike Dean.

I'm surprised he doesn't come out walking down the touchline trying to give unwilling bystanders his autograph.

I think he is a superb official and is as impartial as the day is long. I'm also sure he was just trying an aeroplane impression when he gave that goal against us very reluctantly. If you are reading this Mike that's what we all really think so do have that in mind for that playoff game. ;)    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, macandally said:

It may sound bad but up I am failing to get excited by the playoffs and the Premier League.

Why?  If we were good enough we should be top two, the Premier League is a ridiculous financially driven business with club breaking, over inflated transfers for mediocre players from overseas.  If we go up our u23s are done, if we stay in the championship they just may come through and be part of our future.  In the premier league we can strive for mid table obscurity whilst in the championship we can challenge near the top and rebuild the Club.  There are more big teams now in the championship than the premier league which is crazy and anyone can win it, as opposed to the premier league which safeguards the current elite under the parody that is FFP.

Its mad I know, but part of me actually enjoys the championship for the mixed bag of reasons above, even though we belong a step up.

that's kinda what I've been saying to people at work , I'd like to see some fearless football with the youngsters and a progressive manager and let them have a crack at the Championship

if we go up we keep Bruce and will be looking to see what pensionable age players we can sign to keep us safe  .. just relieved Rooney has gone to the MLS as I could have seen us going for him

• Like 1